Outlook contact photos

reversalagent

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I tried searching in the forums and I apologize if this has been posted before. If one has a GMail account and it has contact photos associated with it, is there anyway to transfer those photos to the associated contacts in live.com? I have gmail/contacts synced right now, but if I were to completely move away from Gmail, is there a way to transfer the contact photos over easily?

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem (my Google contacts didn't synchronize to my WP8 device). I had to import all my contacts to outlook.com so I could synchronize them but the only contact photos I have are the ones from Facebook. It looks like outlook.com doesn't import the photos.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I tried searching in the forums and I apologize if this has been posted before. If one has a GMail account and it has contact photos associated with it, is there anyway to transfer those photos to the associated contacts in live.com? I have gmail/contacts synced right now, but if I were to completely move away from Gmail, is there a way to transfer the contact photos over easily?
If you were to completely move away from Gmail to Outlook.com you would be better off attaching new pictures to your contacts in Outlook. The quality of the Gmail pictures is horrible and not worthy of Windows Phone.

Jordan Mills

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
If you were to completely move away from Gmail to Outlook.com you would be better off attaching new pictures to your contacts in Outlook. The quality of the Gmail pictures is horrible and not worthy of Windows Phone.

Doesn't matter. Outlook.com won't sync photos to the phone or outlook.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't matter. Outlook.com won't sync photos to the phone or outlook.

Have you tried it?

If I add a contact picture to my phone (which syncs with outlook.com), that contact will show the same picture on my Windows 8.1 computer(s) in the people app (which syncs with outlook.com). Also, that contact will show the same picture on my computer(s) running Outlook 2013 (which syncs with outlook.com). More so, I tested by syncing an iPhone 4 and 5S with the same outlook.com and the pictures appeared on the iPhone for all the contacts who had them. I never tried Android.
So, the morale of the story is that outlook.com DOES sync the pictures between devices. Strange though that outlook.com in your web browser does not show the pictures.

reversalagent

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all very much for the replies. It looks like I will just need to manually put them into the outlook contacts. Speaking of, does anyone know a trick or a way you can set a contact picture via the browser? If you edit a contact on outlook.com, there is nothing for photo.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all very much for the replies. It looks like I will just need to manually put them into the outlook contacts. Speaking of, does anyone know a trick or a way you can set a contact picture via the browser? If you edit a contact on outlook.com, there is nothing for photo.

Use the phone. It's not really a big deal. Or if you have Windows 8.1, use the People app in there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos