Looking For Reminder App With Persistent Notifications

schiznatch

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I didn't know where else to post this and I'm not finding what I want, so I thought I'd ask here. I'm looking for an app that is like a mix between a reminder app and a task manager. Basically, I'd like to be able to set a reminder for, let's say taking a vitamin every day and on top of that, keep the reminder up until I actually do the task. What I'm thinking is to have a reminder app with a scheduler and instead of the Snooze/Dismiss pop-up, a live tile that shows that I have 1 or 2 or however many reminders or active tasks and it doesn't go away until I go in and dismiss it.

I'm an Android user that just converted to WP a few months ago and I had a reminder app that would give me a notification to take my vitamin once the reminder came up. But, I could hit the home button to bypass the pop-up if I wasn't able to take my vitamin at the time and the reminder stayed in the notification until I cleared it. Windows Phone obviously doesn't have a notification area, so I'm thinking it could utilize the live tile instead. I'm just wanting something that I could use in a similar fashion, even if it's not an app that does exactly what I'm asking. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

schiznatch

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your response. I should have clarified that I already know about the Windows Phone store and have been installing different apps, but haven't had any luck finding one that did what I was asking about.

Most reminder apps act as an alarm and once you dismiss it, there is nothing to remind you about it later if you didn't have time to do it at that moment. I guess you could snooze it, but I was hoping for something less intrusive than just snoozing the alarm every 10 minutes or w/e until I get a chance to actually complete the task. That's where the live tile would come in.

As for Task apps, most of them utilize the live tiles, but it's more for the day rather than particular time. Usually, I run into the problem of the live tile showing the number of upcoming events, which I don't want.

I'm looking for it to act as a reminder in the sense that it doesn't show upcoming events, but only show them once they hit the scheduled time. I want it to act as a task manager in the sense that after the initial "reminder" alarm goes off at the scheduled time, it will show a 1 (or however many active tasks you have) in the live tile until I actually go in and tell it I have completed the task.

I know that it sounds kind of confusing and I may be a minority in wanting something like this, but I was hoping somebody already knew of an app that did this. I'm not trying to get people to search for it for me; just hoping someone already has an app similar to this and can just tell me about it. I may just end up having to learn to create Windows Apps and make it myself.

Example: I try to take One-A-Day vitamins every day, but the exact time doesn't matter (referring to the 30 minute update limit) as long as I take it before the end of the day. So, I'd like an app that I can set up the "task" of taking a vitamin and to start at 9am every day, but the live tile of the app doesn't display this until the scheduled time (no upcoming notifications). Whether there is an initial alarm or not doesn't matter; I'd be fine with just getting an alert and toast notification. Also, once the live tile shows that there is an active task, I don't want the number on the tile to disappear just because I open the app; it needs to stay until I go into the app and mark the task as completed. Since I'm sometimes busy at 9am and not around my vitamins, I don't want to keep hitting snooze and I don't want to lose the reminder just because I checked my phone.

nemecek_f

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I built app that is all around daily tasks. However it is without sound reminders. You can show items on wide live tile, extended lockscreen and now also on glance. If it seems like it could solve your problem check Routines out. Link is in my forum signature.

schiznatch

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, nemecek_f! Your app pretty much does exactly what I want, except it doesn't have reminders. This isn't a big deal because I already have a reminder app that sets off a scheduled alarm, so I can use your app with the reminder app to accomplish exactly what I was asking for. I will definitely be using it. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa