Windows Phone 8.1 features listed....Very cool stuff....Cant freaking wait !!!!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
This information is on this very website btw...and it reads a little bit better ;)

Upcoming Windows Phone 8.1 features exposed in latest reports, detailing Cortana and more | Windows Phone Central

Actually all the info you ever need about wp can be found on the wpcentral domain. No need to look any further actually, cause anything out there always makes its way to here very fast...

Saw some things that was not all there but, it might of been the way the translator worked. I didn't want to cut things out, just wanted to give it as I saw it...

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm willing to bet that the Nokia Lumia 810 won't be updated to WP 8.1. If by some chance it is, though, I might switch back to it from my 920 if I can move apps to the SD card. Very, very much doubting all of it, though.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
"you want directly on the "contacts" forth blessing and view personal letter selfish?"

This is fantastic. Gotta love online translators! :winktongue:

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm willing to bet that the Nokia Lumia 810 won't be updated to WP 8.1. If by some chance it is, though, I might switch back to it from my 920 if I can move apps to the SD card. Very, very much doubting all of it, though.

I doubt you'll get any additional firmware updates, but there's always the Dev Program, which should allow you to at least get the OS updates!

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Notification Center, Apps can be installed to SD cards

I really hope this is truth, those are the only problems which kind of made my low end WP experience "sucky sucky"

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Nothing in that article has anything new to it or indicate what really will be in the final 8.1 release. It is a compilation of what the author read from blogs (around the world, outside of China), including WPCentral.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Notification Center, Apps can be installed to SD cards

I really hope this is truth, those are the only problems which kind of made my low end WP experience "sucky sucky"

Reminder why if the Lumia Icon/929 comes out with out a SD card slot....It's not a worthy 8.1 device if you will be able to install apps to the SD card...

coldfilter

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Mark my words gang! Microsoft have made this update Carrier dependent which in reality means that there is sod all chance of the carriers rolling the 8.1 update to phones over 1 year old. Hell I bet they will be very reluctant to authorise it the the newer phones.
The carriers want you all to buy new phones with new contracts its not in their interests to extend the lives of the 920s or 925s of this world by giving them a major update

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Mark my words gang! Microsoft have made this update Carrier dependent which in reality means that there is sod all chance of the carriers rolling the 8.1 update to phones over 1 year old. Hell I bet they will be very reluctant to authorise it the the newer phones.
The carriers want you all to buy new phones with new contracts its not in their interests to extend the lives of the 920s or 925s of this world by giving them a major update

Let's just hope the hackers figure out WP8, With WP7 you could download all the cab files for a update, run a script and pull down the update. They had it so streamlined where once it was released to 1 phone (the first phone) everyone had access to it....No carrier waiting.

Only thing you would have to wait for is firmware updates...that fixes carrier issues...

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
MS will open up part of the people's API, enable fb, twitter and other social media to be integrated into the peoples up. This includes private message, "like", and other similar functions, which i think already exist but you get the idea. The writer was thinking it will be great if Sina Weibo will make use of this opportunity.

BTW, "selfish" is a wrong translate for the word that supposedly understand as private in that context.
So if I understand you correctly, third party apps will be able to integrate with the people hub with a reasonable level of functionality? That's a welcome feature, I hope they do similar for other built-in apps. They could greatly improve Messaging, Music+Videos and Photos this way.

But then there are the separate Xbox Music and Video apps, so who knows about the future of hubs.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Let's just hope the hackers figure out WP8, With WP7 you could download all the cab files for a update, run a script and pull down the update. They had it so streamlined where once it was released to 1 phone (the first phone) everyone had access to it....No carrier waiting.

Only thing you would have to wait for is firmware updates...that fixes carrier issues...
What's wrong with the developer preview program?

Apps can be installed to SD cards - never happens
VPN - maybe 2015
WPCentral is very confident that apps on SD card will come in 8.1. I personally think that it's rather messy and not a long term play, but it makes sense with Windows Phone's relative success in the low end, where offering 32GB of flash storage is probably a little out of reach.

VPN was confirmed by Microsoft as part of a "Enterprise Feature Pack" to hit in 2014. It's possible that the feature pack is just going to be rolled into 8.1.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I hope AT&T blossoms soon like Lumia Black on this one, my phone's wifi is broke thanks to AT&T's snazzy half baked update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99