how to free up other storage space?

PxuLL

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Yup I already have hard reset phone twice since I bought it less than 2 months ago @Microsoft cba to fix it...

Cant do anything about it atm... Try deleting internet cache and cookies etc... and temp files.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Hard reset is it.
With soft reset and delete temporary files in storage check or phone storage and with IE delete history you get rid of a few more MB but that's it, and you'll never get rid more than that and not make much of a dent in 2.5GB -you'd be lucky to remove even 100 MB after all is done without a factory reset.

Aleksandr Gurmeza

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
wow! this is very disappointing. i also cant get rid of temp files even though i "delete" it. it just shows up. looks like android for me in the future if microsoft cannot fix this issue

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
wow! this is very disappointing. i also cant get rid of temp files even though i "delete" it. it just shows up. looks like android for me in the future if microsoft cannot fix this issue

Temp files delete works best with settings Storage Check not Lumia Storage Check for some reason but even if it's 10MB
it's only 10MB and that won't make a dent in your other. In 20 min it could be back with 15MB more.
Windows 8.1 is rumored to enable app storage on SD.

WPUser3

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
out of nowhere my phone's storage filled up and i only have 18mb left!! due to this phone is constantly freezing up..

===
update, looks like the phone's storage got filled up when my phone was doing app updates, temp files finally cleared, removed a few games now have 800mb free, phone is operational again..

Last edited:

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Until they release a decent phone with SD support all your photo's, videos, pics all go to the other folder on phones with no SD support. It's like VM utilizing ram.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss