Smart / T9 dialing

cylent

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello all.

Quick question.

I am sort of surprised as to why there is no smart / t9 dialing in my new shiny Lumia 1520.

Is there a solution to this?

MarcinKe

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I was also surprised when I got my 920. I had it in n8 and it was great.
For 1520 you should be able to find some 3rd party apps.

cylent

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
ya cause n8 is symbian?
920 is wp.

i dont want no third party app :angry: i wish the dialer would support it like android does

cylent

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
FBirraque.

The problem with these 3rd party programs is the logs will remain different. if you use a 3rd party program then go back to the phone dialer you'll see they are now not in sync.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
ya cause n8 is symbian?
920 is wp.

i dont want no third party app :angry: i wish the dialer would support it like android does

You do realize that ANDROID didn't support t9 dialing until just this year with 4.4 (kit-kat). Put stock 4.3.x or older on a Nexus, and it won't search your address book as you type...If you've seen an android doing t9, it was Touchwiz, Sense, or other manufacturer skin over the stock dialer doing it... So a 3rd party app is really your only option until Microsoft embeds it into the OS.

cylent

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
You do realize that ANDROID didn't support t9 dialing until just this year with 4.4 (kit-kat). Put stock 4.3.x or older on a Nexus, and it won't search your address book as you type...If you've seen an android doing t9, it was Touchwiz, Sense, or other manufacturer skin over the stock dialer doing it... So a 3rd party app is really your only option until Microsoft embeds it into the OS.

Oh right. OK you're talking pure android didn't support t9 yet but the manufacturers did with their add-on diallers.
understood.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss