I honestly don't get it - Android and Apple

Chinocop

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I don't know if this is Windows Phone 8 related, but my wife who works for a "Magical" corporation is building apps for their parks. So she recently had to buy a Galaxy 4 and an iPhone 5s. I have been playing with them, and I really don't see the magnificence behind these two phones. Maybe I have been using WP8 and am so used to it, but I find both phones to be really confusing to use. I am really beginning to think that the phone is a really crappy medium with its small screen. I also realize what MSFT developers were thinking with glance and go in Windows Phones. I really hate using my phone other than for calls, text, emails, quick information gathering and the occasional game. I'm really beginning to think that in a generation we are going to have people who are so near-sighted/blind from burying their heads in their phones for hours on end.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
As someone who had a tablet before they had a smart phone I had a similar feeling when I got my first smart phone. Don't get me wrong I used cell phones for many years but they were high end feature phones with full keyboards as texting at work (work related) was my main function besides being a regular phone. I have since bought another tablet and while I use my phone a good bit I use the tablets more as they are just easier to SEE, and display more content. The funny thng is I like my phone (nokia 820) because it is small and easy to carry. Same way I use my 7" tablet more than my 8.9" tablet because its easier to carry. Isn't that the reason for all this madness; portability. To be honest I still use my computers, 23" touch screen Win8.1 HP, and a Laptop 15.5" Compaq more than my phone or tablets. But then I am retired and only work two days a week; so I have access to a computer when I need it. The HP is like a 23" tablet; but with a hard drive and extras. Nice.

PureView

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I use Android, iOS and Windows Phone, all three platforms. Regularly switch between them. There is nothing confusing about iOS or Android. Over a million new Android devices are activated every 24 hours. That would not happen if it was a confusing platform. It's just a misconception that started from God knows where, and now people won't stop beating the platform's head with it.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I use Android, iOS and Windows Phone, all three platforms. Regularly switch between them. There is nothing confusing about iOS or Android.

Same here, and I agree. To the OP, any platform you're not used to is going to seem confusing. I had Android before I used WP. When I first started using WP, it was confusing to me (the Settings menu still is!). Now I can pick up any of the three, and they are all intuitive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss