Does RAM play a role in live tiling & notification ?

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
As the title suggests, does RAM play a role in live tiling & notification ?

I arrived at this conclusion based on the following grounds :

Earlier on I had a Lumia 520 with 512MB RAM, I used to get notifications on the titles but I felt they were delayed. At some point of time the notifications went dead. I now have a Lumia 1320 with 1 GB RAM and I believe the notifications are much faster and prompt than earlier.

Hence it got me wondering if more RAM made a difference. I would like to mention that earlier as well as now I have a 3G connection. As I'm not a WP developer I don't have an idea how live tiling and notifications work.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As the title suggests, does RAM play a role in live tiling & notification ?

I arrived at this conclusion based on the following grounds :

Earlier on I had a Lumia 520 with 512MB RAM, I used to get notifications on the titles but I felt they were delayed. At some point some of the notifications went dead. I now have a Lumia 1320 with 1 GB RAM and I believe the notifications are much faster and prompt than earlier.

Hence it got me wondering if more RAM made a difference. As I'm not a WP developer I don't have an idea how live titling and notifications work.

Nope, it probably was some glitch with your 520.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes and no. A lower amount of RAM should not cause any "slow down" or delay of notifications. It does, however, have a limit of the amount of background tasks it can run at the same time. The OD will however notify you when there are too many apps running in the background.

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I notice every time I wanted to open Whatsapp (tombstone) etc, there is some delay to launch and more delay to display the old messages. And my friend using an old Samsung S2 with Andriod seems to do those faster than my ATIV S. Any idea how to speed things up? Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss