Reinstall built-in mail app.

Chris_kosmidis

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I'm facing an issue and i didn't find any definitive answer in the forums..My little brother uninstalled the built-in mail app on his 520.Is there any chance to re-install the app without hard reseting?

Thank you.

nemecek_f

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello, one does not simply uninstall Mail app. As far as I know it is not possible. He probably just removed added email account. Go to settings -> email + accounts and add new or try to re-add those you have there.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
If you are saying email tile on start page without using email configuration,then its not possible.
If you have configure any email account in phone then u will definitely get live tile, see all apps from app list

Hello,
I'm facing an issue and i didn't find any definitive answer in the forums..My little brother uninstalled the built-in mail app on his 520.Is there any chance to re-install the app without hard reseting?

Thank you.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
You can not uninstall the email app. the email app will show up in the applist (swipe right) as soon as you have an email account configured in "email & accounts" settings. It will not show up as "email", though, it will use the name you assing the account in the settings. So, if you name the account "Outlook", it'll show up under "O", if you name it Gmail it'll show up under "G". If you have multiple email accounts configured and combined them, it should show up as "Inboxes" under "I"

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
He just removed the live tile. on the start screen swipe left and you'll find it with the apps e.g. outlook, Hotmail. etc. then pin it to start.

Chris_kosmidis

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Problem solved!It wasn't the live tile..He somehow changed the configuration and not only removed the previous mail account but he also managed to put in a new one with false password and so it didn't sync..That's why the hotmail option wasn't visible either as a tile or as an app in the menu!I just had to re-configure that correct account!
Thank you all!!

Have a good day!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb