Mail question

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
How to have my Yahoo mail and Google mail display selected folders, such as Sent, Deleted, etc..., by swiping left or right from the inbox? Currently, All, Unread and Urgent are displayed, but I don't want these, I want to choose other folders or actions to be available. Are there any apps that can do this? selecting the three dots then the folders menu then the sent mail folder is not satisfying for me.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
How to have my Yahoo mail and Google mail display selected folders, such as Sent, Deleted, etc..., by swiping left or right from the inbox? Currently, All, Unread and Urgent are displayed, but I don't want these, I want to choose other folders or actions to be available. Are there any apps that can do this? selecting the three dots then the folders menu then the sent mail folder is not satisfying for me.

Press the three dots at the bottom to bring up the menu and select 'folders'.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Tap and hold the selected folders after you display them with the three dots. Pin to Start option should pop up. You're welcome.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks.

So if I'm in the built-in, native WP8 email app, accessing my Yahoo mail or any other email, and I am reading a new message in my inbox, and want to see if I sent an earlier message regarding the topic, I have to (1) press the start button and go to the home screen, then (2) select the pinned tile for my sent items folder? OR, as was mentioned above (twice), select the three little dots (what are these officially called in WP8, btw?), then choose folders, then open Sent items?

All the while, Urgent and Unread items (useless for me, personally) are available by swiping left and right!!!

Last edited:

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
i just tried some of the numerous third party yahoo mail apps and they are terrible - full of ugly ads. Why cant Microsoft improve this so that there is no need for the third party garbage.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
WP UI design is about simplicity. Most ppl don't use folders. So, what you have today is most functional and elegant for most ppl. Introducing additional folders will clog the UI and add confusion, IMO.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting duplicate messages in my sent folder. And syncing of messages sent and received is very poor. I have to sync manually and still will not see messages appear in my inbox or sent items, while checking on mu iPad and iPhone, the messages are instantly in each location. Is this a bug or is this how WP is supposed to work?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs