02-05-2014 12:31 AM
85 1234
tools
    I tweeted. I doubt I'll get an answer though.

Maybe we need to all agree on a particular hashtag, like #taken4grantedbyMS
    Start that movement! We already have #SaveXboxWP and #MobileEquality.
    01-29-2014 10:05 PM

Haha. I'm not sure if I'm the best to start the movement. I'm a schmuck that will still keep buying Windows Phone because I love the design so much.
    Laura Knotek and HeavyHanded like this.
    01-29-2014 11:20 PM
    I'll tweet and bug them as well.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-29-2014 11:40 PM
    In principle it seems like a bad move, though in the end, with our built-in Bing search functionality, we'll get the best integration of the three platforms. Or at least Americans will. The Americans who use Bing Rewards.
    01-30-2014 03:04 AM
    In principle it seems like a bad move, though in the end, with our built-in Bing search functionality, we'll get the best integration of the three platforms. Or at least Americans will. The Americans who use Bing Rewards.
    Just like we got the best version of Skype? LoL
    theefman and Jeffrey Fox like this.
    01-30-2014 03:36 AM
    Seems MS just can't figure out what users want their WP to do. I want my 928 to run like my PC! MS seems to think IOS and android are better because they have so little market share. Why even make a phone? Give me apps that work and apps I can use. Quit catering to apple and google!
    01-30-2014 06:53 AM
    Seems MS just can't figure out what users want their WP to do. I want my 928 to run like my PC! MS seems to think IOS and android are better because they have so little market share. Why even make a phone? Give me apps that work and apps I can use. Quit catering to apple and google!
    Amen! You don't want the best MS has to offer on an iPhone or a Nexus now do you? As some folks say, the best Google experience can be had on...gasp...hold on....an iPhone:-)
    01-30-2014 10:27 AM
    So there are 3 buttons on lumia and one is for bing search... AND THEY DIDINT PUT THIS FOR WP? What the hell?

Sent with my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk
    01-30-2014 10:42 AM
    I can only assume it will become a built in feature. But it is completely asinine that we are always last to get it. Yeah I understand through a business standpoint, people with Windows Phone are already more than likely using Bing (Bing rewards is an incentive to switch). But seriously throw your supporters a bone instead of taking them for granted. That's the one thing that Microsoft does more than any other company.
    01-30-2014 10:51 AM
    Just like we got the best version of Skype? LoL
    If our version of Skype was integrated into the OS itself, then yes, absolutely.
    01-30-2014 11:02 AM
    This kind of announcement just makes it easier to switch to Android or iOS. From day one of owning a Windows Phone I knew it would be a mistake to become immersed in its app and media stores, they could be shut down at any moment if Microsoft decides it has to abandon WP. I actually kind of appreciate Microsoft making the choice easier.
    01-30-2014 12:18 PM
    If our version of Skype was integrated into the OS itself, then yes, absolutely.
    With the glacial rate of updates do you really think that will be the best option?
    borasar likes this.
    01-30-2014 12:19 PM
    I'm starting to see the issues with WP. Microsoft may pull the same old trick. Start something they never back and switch to supplying software and apps for the other guy, leave WP all together. Most app developers I have contacted say WP just has no sales to back the app being developed for WP. That bites!
    01-30-2014 12:30 PM
    With the glacial rate of updates do you really think that will be the best option?
    You're still completely missing the point. We can have Bing Rewards integrated directly into the search button on our Windows Phone devices. No apps required. Is that not better than anything iOS or Android are offered?
    01-30-2014 12:45 PM
    But if you put /rewards after bing.com it takes you right to the dashboard page.
    This doesn't work for me as it tells me to Sign In. When I do, it just takes me to the MS Account page. It will only work using the desktop version like HeyCori stated.
    01-30-2014 02:50 PM
    This doesn't work for me as it tells me to Sign In. When I do, it just takes me to the MS Account page. It will only work using the desktop version like HeyCori stated.
    Just double checked to be sure and I'm set to "Mobile", it works on WP7.8 at least. Sign in to the Rewards dashboard. Then in the browser go to Bing.Com and search for stuff, I'm seeing my points go up as I do a few searches.
    01-30-2014 03:38 PM
    You're still completely missing the point. We can have Bing Rewards integrated directly into the search button on our Windows Phone devices. No apps required. Is that not better than anything iOS or Android are offered?
    And when will this happen?
    Markham Ranja and psiu_glen like this.
    01-30-2014 04:07 PM
    This is horse**** !!! I do not support MS on this. Do they not like their own OS? this just sends bad message
    01-30-2014 10:05 PM
    And when will this happen?

lol. Seriously.
    01-30-2014 11:21 PM
    Unfortunately I think we will all end up as Android users eventually and its my least favorite OS. Apple is also declining worldwide. People like free crap even if it means you get lag and data mining as a trade off.

Sent from my Yellow Nokia 1520 (RM-937)
    01-31-2014 12:48 AM
    So how cool are these rewards, really? I'm Dutch, so I stopped telling myself I'll ever be able to earn them, but what am I missing? Do you actually use them and are they rewarding?
    01-31-2014 05:24 AM
    Unfortunately I think we will all end up as Android users eventually.
    I doubt it. I truly believe, apple will be taking most of our dollars. If MSFT give up on WP.
    01-31-2014 05:47 AM
    So how cool are these rewards, really? I'm Dutch, so I stopped telling myself I'll ever be able to earn them, but what am I missing? Do you actually use them and are they rewarding?
    I use the Bing Rewards in browser, end up with a $5 Amazon gift card every month or two. 99.9% of my searches go through Bing, it pops up a couple little specials every day to go click on, and I usually just check out the home page clicks (the fancy little hovering invisible squares) and the news links on the bottom.

I originally started using it when it was Live Search, they had a program then, I ended up getting around $500 cash discounts through that (would go to website like eBay and if you were signed it would offer up to 30% off).

Instead of Amazon it could be Starbucks, Xbox Live, Hulu Plus, Redbox, etc.
    01-31-2014 05:56 AM
    Just double checked to be sure and I'm set to "Mobile", it works on WP7.8 at least. Sign in to the Rewards dashboard. Then in the browser go to Bing.Com and search for stuff, I'm seeing my points go up as I do a few searches.
    On my 928 it actually redirects me to integrated search (I remember the web version of Bing you describe but it won't let me see it).

I doubt it. I truly believe, apple will be taking most of our dollars. If MSFT give up on WP.
    I would probably end up on Apple, the marginally better hardware of Android isn't worth going back to that clunker of an OS.
    psudotechzealot likes this.
    01-31-2014 06:03 AM
    Microsoft can be so stupid sometimes.
    02-01-2014 12:15 PM
85 1234