USB Keyboards and Mice - detection issues

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello guys. Got an absolute doozy of an issue here.

So, while I started trying to fix Razer Surround on my desktop, it appears something went wrong (I have since removed Razer Surround from my desktop completely). As a result of this, no USB keyboards or mice are being properly detected, no matter which USB port I use (motherboard direct, or a USB port through the PCI USB hub). They appear, but they then receive an error code to the tune of this:

[WARN]Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)[/WARN]

Devices tested which have been affected by this are:
Razer DeathStalker Ultimate
Razer Naga Epic
SteelSeries ZBoard

Plugging the devices into the laptop, they work fine. But... I can't expect to use the laptop for gaming and streaming games simultaneously with only an Intel HD-3000 integrated graphics for a GPU... Any ideas? I've tried removing all the USB entries as well as entries of the Razer keyboard (Synaptics pointing device and "Razer DeathStalker Ultimate") and rebooting, to no avail, as well as a cold reboot with a BIOS reset, which also failed. My desktop is running Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bit.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I did some searching on this myself, and had a look around. I was recommended to do a Refresh of Windows 8, which has fixed my problem. Word of warning though, the "Create A Recovery Drive" tool doesn't create a recovery drive that you can use. You'll need to use a tool like ISO2USB to create a bootable drive of the Windows 8/8.1 Installation Media to use the Refresh tool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss