Does a Windows Phone stay on while on charge?

barkins

May 13, 2013
Visit site
As I contemplate a move to Windows Phone, one of the biggest pet peeves of mine with my current Android phone is that it does not stay on while it's charging and running Apps like Spotify.

Is this the same on a Windows Phone? If I have it connected to power, will a music player or anything like it keep the phone from going into sleep mode? Thanks

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes, as long as the battery is completely drained it will stay on while charging. If it's completely dead and shuts itself off because of lack of power, it will be on a charging screen for 10-15 minutes until it has enough juice to start up.

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I have had 3 Nokia Lumias (currently using the 1520), and I can confirm that if it is turned off, it will automatically turn on when plugged in to a charger, unless the battery is completely drained. As soon as it has a little bit of a charge, it will turn itself back on.

barkins

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I have had 3 Nokia Lumias (currently using the 1520), and I can confirm that if it is turned off, it will automatically turn on when plugged in to a charger, unless the battery is completely drained. As soon as it has a little bit of a charge, it will turn itself back on.

Excellent, so if I'm running Spotify in my car and the phone is plugged in, the screen will stay on? Thanks for confirming.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Excellent, so if I'm running Spotify in my car and the phone is plugged in, the screen will stay on? Thanks for confirming.

Whether the screen stays on or turns off is dependant on the app. I don't use Spotify, so I couldn't tell you about it particularly. However, some phones have the option to set screen timeout to never.

Edit: However, even if the screen shuts off, music apps and such will still continue to run.

barkins

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Whether the screen stays on or turns off is dependant on the app. I don't use Spotify, so I couldn't tell you about it particularly. However, some phones have the option to set screen timeout to never.

Edit: However, even if the screen shuts off, music apps and such will still continue to run.

Thanks,. I would prefer the screen just stay on automatically when I'm running a music/podcast App without having to adjust the settings manually, specifically when the phone is plugged in.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
If it's off, the phone will automatically turn on when you plug in the charging cable.
Yeah, which means it's not off anymore...:wink: And I wouldn't recommend that based on my experience. The phone froze and I had to do a soft reset. I'm never doing that again...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven