Question from a seventy-five year old with a new toy.

harveytex

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I recently decided to join the rest of the world and purchased a "smart-phone". What I did first was to purchase an AT&T "GoPhone" (Nokia 520) at a very reasonable price. I then removed the SIM card and replaced it with the one that Consumer Cellular sent me when I subscribed to their service. Obviously they operate on the AT&T network and everything went just fine. I am having a lot of fun learning how to use it and really appreciate the information I have found on this forum. I have read about the new updates that are coming and wonder if my phone will be updated even though it wasn't activated in the "normal" way. It's no big deal for me but I was just wondering.

Last edited:

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
You should have no problems with updates on your phone. When they are ready to be pushed out by the original provider of the phone, in this case AT&T, you will just get a notified on the phone that there is an update to be downloaded and installed.

Have fun with that new phone!

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
As one old "F**T to another, welcome to the world of Windows Phones. I'm just under 70 and the members here have been more than supportive. Feel free to ask any question no matter whether you think they are silly or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro