WP8 Needs The "Xbox Phone" As The WP8 Flagship!

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft needs a true flagship device to make a splash big enough to draw more iOS and Android users to WP8 and only one MS brand has the power to do that and that's Xbox. We've heard rumors of a potential Surface phone in the future but as excellent of a product the Surface and Surface 2 have been as well as the awesome Nokia Lumia phones, but neither brands have the power/influence to inspire a mass iOS and Android user exodus to WP8 like a properly executed Xbox Phone could. The Surface and Nokia divisions working together could make one badass phone. Have it be the same material (black or silver) as the the surface with a green or silver Xbox logo engraved on the back and load it up with the absolute best and cutting edge in mobile tech. It should be not only the best smartphone for WP but the best smartphone on the market PERIOD and send shock waves through the tech world.

-8GB RAM
-128 GB internal hard drive with micro SD support
-1080P HD display (use screen dimensions from L1520 or L929)
-41 MP camera from the L1020 (can be made to fit plush if phone's thickness is equal to Surface's)
-Best available battery pack with wireless charging and/or removable battery option
-Free Skype Service
-Free Xbox Music Service
-Full Xbox Live Marketplace connectability (can download and play X360 and One and arcade games and port Xbox One games via Wifi to the screen when TV isnt available like Sony is doing with the PS4 and Vita.
-Free OneDrive Service
-Offer on both AT&T and Verizon to reach large numbers or users they could get the contract price down to $200-300 dollars easily plus all the incentives MS could offer through its services would null any price woes for most.

Think of all the millions of 360 and One owners who have iPhones and Androids who could be easily converted to the WP8 ecosystem with the right product. WP8 needs a flagship of the flagship phones that would make the S4 and 5S look silly in head to head comparisons and spec sheets. Sure it wouldn?t be the highest selling WP volume wise but it would bring valuable exposure to the OS that it's not yet getting from the majority of the smartphone consumer market and would also drive up other WP device sales. An Xbox phone of this magnitude would put WP8 at 20-22% market share by the end of 2015 easily had it existed and launched today.

himmatsj

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
You lost me at 8GB RAM. Xbox Phone sounds good, but then when it's sold with such a name, it BETTER have good games. And I mean real good, complex games. When Sony decided to lend the PlayStation brand to portable consoles, they made sure the PSP and Vita could at least churn out complex games. And they did. PSV is much better than the latest iPad for gaming.

Sounds good....but unless they make it like the Vita, this one will just serve to tarnish the XBOX brand with the litany of freemium ****ty building games and mindless running games.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
If it was a "gaming phone", like to compete with the vita, but as a phone and actually look nice, it would be great. But to have an Xbox phone, we would need the Xbox game manufacturers to get on board and make REAL and GOOD mobile games (Forza Mobile, etc). But I don't think it would be called this. Maybe will get cool gaming features and gaming titles that are on the Xbox, but I don't see it becoming an "Xbox Phone".

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
You lost me at 8GB RAM. Xbox Phone sounds good, but then when it's sold with such a name, it BETTER have good games. And I mean real good, complex games. When Sony decided to lend the PlayStation brand to portable consoles, they made sure the PSP and Vita could at least churn out complex games. And they did. PSV is much better than the latest iPad for gaming.

Sounds good....but unless they make it like the Vita, this one will just serve to tarnish the XBOX brand with the litany of freemium ****ty building games and mindless running games.

Thisss.

MikeTheYid

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I think you over estimate peoples brand loyalty. I have a WP8 phone, an 8.1 computer, an android tablet and a 360 which is rarely used these days. Pc gaming for me now. Next gen there is no way I would buy the Xbone. After having the original xbox then 360 now the PS4 looks to be a better buy. People by what is best for their needs.

My mobile contract runs out this year and whichever device grabs my attention I will get.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Why does the brand matter? Isn't the phone more important?
BTW, what do people mean then they reply quoting a load of text and the word 'this', e.g. post 5 in this thread?

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft needs a true flagship device
I'll see himmatsj, and raise him: The OP lost me at "true."

Any time I see "true" added gratuitously, the writer either has an agenda or doesn't have a clue. Back in the 1980's, the arguments were about "true memory management" or "true multitasking" for Windows and MacOS. Come to think of it, the "true multitasking" thing is still going on, but the players have changed to Android, iOS, and Windows Phone.

I want to read a post with true reasonableness... :smile:

You mean 128GIG SSD instead of HDD right?
I want 1 TB of RAMS (Redundant Array of Micro SD). :wink:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft needs a true flagship device to make a splash big enough to draw more iOS and Android users to WP8 and only one MS brand has the power to do that and that's Xbox. We've heard rumors of a potential Surface phone in the future but as excellent of a product the Surface and Surface 2 have been as well as the awesome Nokia Lumia phones, but neither brands have the power/influence to inspire a mass iOS and Android user exodus to WP8 like a properly executed Xbox Phone could. The Surface and Nokia divisions working together could make one badass phone. Have it be the same material (black or silver) as the the surface with a green or silver Xbox logo engraved on the back and load it up with the absolute best and cutting edge in mobile tech. It should be not only the best smartphone for WP but the best smartphone on the market PERIOD and send shock waves through the tech world.

-8GB RAM
-128 GB internal hard drive with micro SD support
-1080P HD display (use screen dimensions from L1520 or L929)
-41 MP camera from the L1020 (can be made to fit plush if phone's thickness is equal to Surface's)
-Best available battery pack with wireless charging and/or removable battery option
-Free Skype Service
-Free Xbox Music Service
-Full Xbox Live Marketplace connectability (can download and play X360 and One and arcade games and port Xbox One games via Wifi to the screen when TV isnt available like Sony is doing with the PS4 and Vita.
-Free OneDrive Service
-Offer on both AT&T and Verizon to reach large numbers or users they could get the contract price down to $200-300 dollars easily plus all the incentives MS could offer through its services would null any price woes for most.

Think of all the millions of 360 and One owners who have iPhones and Androids who could be easily converted to the WP8 ecosystem with the right product. WP8 needs a flagship of the flagship phones that would make the S4 and 5S look silly in head to head comparisons and spec sheets. Sure it wouldn’t be the highest selling WP volume wise but it would bring valuable exposure to the OS that it's not yet getting from the majority of the smartphone consumer market and would also drive up other WP device sales. An Xbox phone of this magnitude would put WP8 at 20-22% market share by the end of 2015 easily had it existed and launched today.

Welcome to WPCentral!

This is an amazing dream phone. Now one can buy such a phone or a villa in London. Don't think there will be much price difference.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why I'm bothering but I'd like to put this into perspective.

If WP changes it's name to xbox phone I will stop using it. I have no need for an xbox phone and no desire to use any xbox features. What you're doing here is creating another niche product which will only suit those who use these features.

Let's look at your list.

-8GB RAM - Pointless in current ecosystem. Adding cost for no reason.
-128 GB internal hard drive with micro SD support - 128GB would be nice (not HDD of course), SD card not needed.
-1080P HD display (use screen dimensions from L1520 or L929) - Will probably be standard on all new phones. But I don't and most people don't want a large phone
-41 MP camera from the L1020 (can be made to fit plush if phone's thickness is equal to Surface's) This made me laugh.
-Best available battery pack with wireless charging and/or removable battery option - Um, yeah, good luck with that with all this hardware.
-Free Skype Service - I thought it was over data??
-Free Xbox Music Service - How about fix the interface first?
-Full Xbox Live Marketplace connectability (can download and play X360 and One and arcade games and port Xbox One games via Wifi to the screen when TV isnt available like Sony is doing with the PS4 and Vita. - Don't really care about this
-Free OneDrive Service - you get a certain amount free already
-Offer on both AT&T and Verizon to reach large numbers or users they could get the contract price down to $200-300 dollars easily plus all the incentives MS could offer through its services would null any price woes for most. - last time I checked I didn't live in the US or cared about what happens there.

So a phone that will cost a lot of money that most people probably wouldn't want. Good idea there.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why I'm bothering but I'd like to put this into perspective.

If WP changes it's name to xbox phone I will stop using it. I have no need for an xbox phone and no desire to use any xbox features. What you're doing here is creating another niche product which will only suit those who use these features.

Let's look at your list.

-8GB RAM - Pointless in current ecosystem. Adding cost for no reason.
-128 GB internal hard drive with micro SD support - 128GB would be nice (not HDD of course), SD card not needed.
-1080P HD display (use screen dimensions from L1520 or L929) - Will probably be standard on all new phones. But I don't and most people don't want a large phone
-41 MP camera from the L1020 (can be made to fit plush if phone's thickness is equal to Surface's) This made me laugh.
-Best available battery pack with wireless charging and/or removable battery option - Um, yeah, good luck with that with all this hardware.
-Free Skype Service - I thought it was over data??
-Free Xbox Music Service - How about fix the interface first?
-Full Xbox Live Marketplace connectability (can download and play X360 and One and arcade games and port Xbox One games via Wifi to the screen when TV isnt available like Sony is doing with the PS4 and Vita. - Don't really care about this
-Free OneDrive Service - you get a certain amount free already
-Offer on both AT&T and Verizon to reach large numbers or users they could get the contract price down to $200-300 dollars easily plus all the incentives MS could offer through its services would null any price woes for most. - last time I checked I didn't live in the US or cared about what happens there.

So a phone that will cost a lot of money that most people probably wouldn't want. Good idea there.
very true . I'm real techie and this phone only has a couple good things and alot of things not really cared about but I'm ready for an upgrade but already having a 920 I don't have much choices to upgrade . No there's nothing wrong with my phone but I've seen 1080p screens and they look nice and in think a 5" would be perfect but WP is only rumored to have such phone so for those millions who bought gs4s and those real high end androids.....wp only have cool cameras! Maybe WP is not about high end? I hope they pick up some new devices

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Oooh I want to play this game too.

- 1 TB of DDR5 Ram
- 1 TB SSD with MicroSD support
- 4K UHD Display
- 41MP Camera with underwater capabilities up to 2000 meters
- Top Lithium battery with wireless charging
- Solar panel case for wireless Sun charging.
- Free Skype service
- Full xbox market
- Full WP Market
- Full Google Play Market
- Can use phone as a radar while driving
- Gorilla Glass Lunar panel screen to wireless Moon Charge at night

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Oooh I want to play this game too.

- 1 TB of DDR5 Ram
- 1 TB SSD with MicroSD support
- 4K UHD Display
- 41MP Camera with underwater capabilities up to 2000 meters
- Top Lithium battery with wireless charging
- Solar panel case for wireless Sun charging.
- Free Skype service
- Full xbox market
- Full WP Market
- Full Google Play Market
- Can use phone as a radar while driving
- Gorilla Glass Lunar panel screen to wireless Moon Charge at night
You guys are High on drugs... Wtf 😃

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral!

This is an amazing dream phone. Now one can buy such a phone or a villa in London. Don't think there will be much price difference.

Oh, a villa in London! I was hoping for the south of France. Damn. :/

(P.S. where are the villas in London???)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte