Can't connect to chat

Santiago Pedraza

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Howdy everyone,

For like the past two days, my 8X isn't able to connect to Facebook chat in Messages. My status is available. Do you know why is that?

Thank you,

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Mine is like that since July bro :/
People say that you must try and try to connect several times until it eventually connects. Good luck I haven't gotten it sadly :/

Santiago Pedraza

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't have data in my 8X and never changed any of that. I tried that and it still says Can't connect to chat. I don't have battery saver on. I wonder if this is happening because in my Facebook app, I set it a few days ago as No notifications. Could that be the origin of the problem?

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I have my Facebook app turned off notification and it still works. Did you add Facebook in Settings+Accounts? Also check to see if Facebook Chat is turned off in Messaging app->Settings->Use Facebook Chat

Santiago Pedraza

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I have my Facebook app turned off notification and it still works. Did you add Facebook in Settings+Accounts? Also check to see if Facebook Chat is turned off in Messaging app->Settings->Use Facebook Chat

I've uninstalled and installed the Facebook app, changed the status in messages, delete and add again my Facebook account in Accounts, and sync it to my Microsoft account and nothing of that worked. Any more ideas? It is so weird, out of the blue it stopped working :/

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
If it has only appeared recently - don't mess with it. Nothing will fix it. Me and about 7 other friends of mine have had this issue in last 3 days at different point of times and different number of hours. It automatically fixes itself.

Santiago Pedraza

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all for your help. I have tried everything you guys have told me and more but nothing seems to work. I will just wait I guess. I don't think I can do much.

Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster