Lumia phone removed from windowsphone.com

Michael2525

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey. I have a question about removing Lumias from windowsphone.com

I just realized that I never removed previous Nokia Lumias I have used from windowsphone.com
I always changed my password after returning the phone back (just in case), either because it was faulty, or just not my type of phone.

Being paranoid I guess, by not removing these phones from the list (until now), if someone acquired this same phone I have returned back to the store, would they be able to access my email account/accounts by any chance?

I have always performed a hard reset 2-3 (just in case) before returning it.

Again, just being paranoid :) After seeing old Lumias on the list, I just want to know ;-)

Thanks

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I.Open www.windowsphone.com
2.Move over to the right and just below "search" you see your Live ID (and your current phone). Hover over your ID and a windows appears with all your phones listed.
3.Select the phone you are going to delete and that will be the phone that now appears UNDER your Live ID
4.Now click on Settings and a new screen appears where you will see on the left hand side just under the graphic of the phone the option to remove that phone.
5.Click it and the phone will be removed.

I have deleted phones from windowsphone.com before. I looked online and found the step by step instructions for you. Hope this helps.

Michael2525

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I have already removed them :) My question was whether someone who purchased THE SAME phone I have returned could access my email account etc, even thou I performed a hard reset on that phone, but forgot to remove it from the list on windowsphone.com

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
To my knowledge, a hard reset will delete all data and restore the phone to factory settings, the way it was when you took it out of the box for the first time.

Michael2525

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Hope so :) Just got little bit worried after realizing that I never removed those Lumias from the windowsphone.com, so I automatically thought that they could be accessed again :-(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers