What do you think about Facebook Paper?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
It would be great on Windows Phone 8 if Facebook devs make it available. I like what its doing for Facebook. BTW, its only available on the Iphone for now.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
installed on my iPad , sadly I have to change my account region to united states to download this app , its like flipboard , very smooth , now I badly need this on my 920 , the panoramic image feature is amazing ,though I wish they will publish separate app for iPad to use the extra canvas .

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
installed on my iPad , sadly I have to change my account region to united states to download this app , its like flipboard , very smooth , now I badly need this on my 920 , the panoramic image feature is amazing ,though I wish they will publish separate app for iPad to use the extra canvas .

I think Flipboard is setting a new standard. There is another app available called FlipMag beta for Windows Phone 8. If you have not tried it, give that puppy a look. It has elements of both Paper and Flipboard. Its not half bad either. But Paper is very compelling.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I think Flipboard is setting a new standard. There is another app available called FlipMag beta for Windows Phone 8. If you have not tried it, give that puppy a look. It has elements of both Paper and Flipboard. Its not half bad either. But Paper is very compelling.

this app should be featured on wpcentral ; though its in beta stage ,its quite normal ; app is not smooth but serves my purpose. I am ditching weave news reader on my handy . Thank you Jazmac for suggesting this application , but as a human nature I need more , (Facebook paper ) ;)
but last year flipboard was supposed to be hitting windows phone store !? no news on it , it came to windows 8 store but forget wp :\

Last edited:

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Still don't get the use of clipboard or this app. I found a reader like next Gen reader better. The app does not look appealing and wont be anything I will personally care to come to windows phone. I hope they can fix the fb app on WP first with proper and timely notifications.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't have any use for it, since I deleted my Facebook account mainly due to the games. I didn't want to play Farmville or Mafia Wars.

I see Paper becoming the new form of Facebook spam. Friends would use Paper to spam all the stories they think are interesting but I'd have absolutely no desire to read.

I prefer Flipboard, since I'm the one who picks what kinds of stories I want to read, and I don't get spammed with things that don't interest me.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
All I know is, as a platform, we need it.

Now that we almost have all the history apps, we must start with the future apps, like Facebook paper.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't have any use for it, since I deleted my Facebook account mainly due to the games. I didn't want to play Farmville or Mafia Wars.

I see Paper becoming the new form of Facebook spam. Friends would use Paper to spam all the stories they think are interesting but I'd have absolutely no desire to read.

I prefer Flipboard, since I'm the one who picks what kinds of stories I want to read, and I don't get spammed with things that don't interest me.

Laura , Facebook is a nice way to stay in touch with old pals, near and dear one ;)
you can easily block those games , and you can tightly control your privacy settings too :)

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Laura , Facebook is a nice way to stay in touch with old pals, near and dear one ;)
you can easily block those games , and you can tightly control your privacy settings too :)
Himanshu, Facebook is a cesspool of idiots, people's lunches, photos of idiots' lunches, photos of their kids, adverts, narcisstic check-ins, game invitations and other associated sh!t.

I've recent left it for the calmer more intelligent waters of Twitter.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Himanshu, Facebook is a cesspool of idiots, people's lunches, photos of idiots' lunches, photos of their kids, adverts, narcisstic check-ins, game invitations and other associated sh!t.

I've recent left it for the calmer more intelligent waters of Twitter.

Umm Chris I am just 19, all my college mates are on this giant website. I agree what you said. But my main purpose is to communicate with them , sending messages , sharing photos and videos with them. And I have blocked all my enemies / teacher on Facebook ;)
One will say use WhatsApp,Skype but I am not a Facebook addict , opens once in a day to check notifications. There are still some folks who don't have whatsapp and live far away :/ I miss them so Facebook is the only way by which I could ask how they are.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

I still don't get the point of flipboard, I much prefer a reader like next Gen reader rather flipboard. It seems like power is like flipboard, which I don't seem to fully understand.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Out of 2.00 minutes, that phone was on the screen for at least 1.55 minutes. This is how Windows Phone needs to advertise it's features and apps and whatever else. Just throw the phone on the screen from the word get go instead of skate boards and chairs and wedding rings and cakes!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I still don't get the point of flipboard, I much prefer a reader like next Gen reader rather flipboard. It seems like power is like flipboard, which I don't seem to fully understand.

Its not for you then or you are too young to remember the joys of reading the "encyclopedia". :) Flipboard presents in a magazine style almost like old school reading the encyclopedia. At least that is a lot of what it reminds me of.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
It looks a lot like flipboard or maybe a cross between Flipboard and HTC sense. I started out liking Flipboard on Android but later decided the old way was better. Its rough when an app tries to decide what you want to see and when. These are choices I like to make for myself. Easy access to the things "I" want is key.That is a commercial the experience always looks better in the commercials. I would like a chance to play with the app to see how useful it really is.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have all the contacts I really care to keep in touch with already. SMS, WhatsApp and email work fine. I have no desire to be a 'friend' of my next-door-neighbour's 2nd cousin, whom I never even met.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I use Flipboard and Nextgen. Both serve a purpose for me.

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I like the animations and how easily I can go in to a story and back out just by swiping up/down. The whole app is kinda gimmicky but i found it useful to read the top stories and my friends feed within the same app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6