06-09-2014 02:05 PM
44 12
tools
    It would be great on Windows Phone 8 if Facebook devs make it available. I like what its doing for Facebook. BTW, its only available on the Iphone for now.

anon(7900571) likes this.
    02-03-2014 08:24 PM
    installed on my iPad , sadly I have to change my account region to united states to download this app , its like flipboard , very smooth , now I badly need this on my 920 , the panoramic image feature is amazing ,though I wish they will publish separate app for iPad to use the extra canvas .
    02-03-2014 09:05 PM
    It's amazing. Now they need to let us add our own data sources. I had to make a FB account to use it.
    02-03-2014 09:25 PM
    installed on my iPad , sadly I have to change my account region to united states to download this app , its like flipboard , very smooth , now I badly need this on my 920 , the panoramic image feature is amazing ,though I wish they will publish separate app for iPad to use the extra canvas .
    I think Flipboard is setting a new standard. There is another app available called FlipMag beta for Windows Phone 8. If you have not tried it, give that puppy a look. It has elements of both Paper and Flipboard. Its not half bad either. But Paper is very compelling.
    02-03-2014 09:58 PM
    I think Flipboard is setting a new standard. There is another app available called FlipMag beta for Windows Phone 8. If you have not tried it, give that puppy a look. It has elements of both Paper and Flipboard. Its not half bad either. But Paper is very compelling.
    this app should be featured on wpcentral ; though its in beta stage ,its quite normal ; app is not smooth but serves my purpose. I am ditching weave news reader on my handy . Thank you Jazmac for suggesting this application , but as a human nature I need more , (Facebook paper ) ;)
    but last year flipboard was supposed to be hitting windows phone store !? no news on it , it came to windows 8 store but forget wp :\
    Last edited by Himanshu Chowdhary; 02-04-2014 at 04:04 AM.
    Jazmac likes this.
    02-03-2014 10:09 PM
    Still don't get the use of clipboard or this app. I found a reader like next Gen reader better. The app does not look appealing and wont be anything I will personally care to come to windows phone. I hope they can fix the fb app on WP first with proper and timely notifications.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
    02-04-2014 01:28 AM
    I wouldn't have any use for it, since I deleted my Facebook account mainly due to the games. I didn't want to play Farmville or Mafia Wars.

I see Paper becoming the new form of Facebook spam. Friends would use Paper to spam all the stories they think are interesting but I'd have absolutely no desire to read.

I prefer Flipboard, since I'm the one who picks what kinds of stories I want to read, and I don't get spammed with things that don't interest me.
    02-04-2014 01:44 AM
    All I know is, as a platform, we need it.

Now that we almost have all the history apps, we must start with the future apps, like Facebook paper.
    02-04-2014 02:17 AM
    I wouldn't have any use for it, since I deleted my Facebook account mainly due to the games. I didn't want to play Farmville or Mafia Wars.

I see Paper becoming the new form of Facebook spam. Friends would use Paper to spam all the stories they think are interesting but I'd have absolutely no desire to read.

I prefer Flipboard, since I'm the one who picks what kinds of stories I want to read, and I don't get spammed with things that don't interest me.
    Laura , Facebook is a nice way to stay in touch with old pals, near and dear one ;)
    you can easily block those games , and you can tightly control your privacy settings too :)
    02-04-2014 04:06 AM
    Laura , Facebook is a nice way to stay in touch with old pals, near and dear one ;)
    you can easily block those games , and you can tightly control your privacy settings too :)
    Himanshu, Facebook is a cesspool of idiots, people's lunches, photos of idiots' lunches, photos of their kids, adverts, narcisstic check-ins, game invitations and other associated sh!t.

I've recent left it for the calmer more intelligent waters of Twitter.
    02-04-2014 07:34 AM
    Himanshu, Facebook is a cesspool of idiots, people's lunches, photos of idiots' lunches, photos of their kids, adverts, narcisstic check-ins, game invitations and other associated sh!t.

I've recent left it for the calmer more intelligent waters of Twitter.
    Umm Chris I am just 19, all my college mates are on this giant website. I agree what you said. But my main purpose is to communicate with them , sending messages , sharing photos and videos with them. And I have blocked all my enemies / teacher on Facebook ;)
    One will say use WhatsApp,Skype but I am not a Facebook addict , opens once in a day to check notifications. There are still some folks who don't have whatsapp and live far away :/ I miss them so Facebook is the only way by which I could ask how they are.
    02-04-2014 08:42 AM

I still don't get the point of flipboard, I much prefer a reader like next Gen reader rather flipboard. It seems like power is like flipboard, which I don't seem to fully understand.

02-04-2014 01:36 PM
    Out of 2.00 minutes, that phone was on the screen for at least 1.55 minutes. This is how Windows Phone needs to advertise it's features and apps and whatever else. Just throw the phone on the screen from the word get go instead of skate boards and chairs and wedding rings and cakes!
    02-04-2014 04:57 PM
    I still don't get the point of flipboard, I much prefer a reader like next Gen reader rather flipboard. It seems like power is like flipboard, which I don't seem to fully understand.

Its not for you then or you are too young to remember the joys of reading the "encyclopedia". :) Flipboard presents in a magazine style almost like old school reading the encyclopedia. At least that is a lot of what it reminds me of.
    02-04-2014 05:59 PM
    It looks a lot like flipboard or maybe a cross between Flipboard and HTC sense. I started out liking Flipboard on Android but later decided the old way was better. Its rough when an app tries to decide what you want to see and when. These are choices I like to make for myself. Easy access to the things "I" want is key.That is a commercial the experience always looks better in the commercials. I would like a chance to play with the app to see how useful it really is.
    02-04-2014 08:35 PM
    I have all the contacts I really care to keep in touch with already. SMS, WhatsApp and email work fine. I have no desire to be a 'friend' of my next-door-neighbour's 2nd cousin, whom I never even met.
    rockstarzzz and Dave Blake like this.
    02-04-2014 09:13 PM

I use Flipboard and Nextgen. Both serve a purpose for me.
    02-04-2014 09:14 PM
    I like the animations and how easily I can go in to a story and back out just by swiping up/down. The whole app is kinda gimmicky but i found it useful to read the top stories and my friends feed within the same app.
    02-04-2014 09:34 PM
    Hope Nokia talks with Facebook to make it available for us!
    02-04-2014 10:16 PM
    Nothing Facebook does can change my opinion of them. They are a privacy-invading behemoth that would be doing us all a favor if it died.
    02-04-2014 11:33 PM
    Nothing Facebook does can change my opinion of them. They are a privacy-invading behemoth that would be doing us all a favor if it died.
    Umm now I am in a dilemma to use Facebook or not. Yes sometimes Facebook is irritating due to games notification , I always curios what if my account got hacked by someone , I should consider deleting my account. By this I can moreover focus on my studies much more easily rather just hanging around on Facebook and liking ,commenting on images ;)
    WhatsApp does the same , and I have Skype to communicate with my close friends. I really don't understand how to use twitter. Can someone here Elian me how to use it. I have a account but I rarely use it. Oh one more. I use Instagram a lot , will deleting my Facebook id delete or conflict with my Instagram ? This post is completely off topic sorry

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    02-04-2014 11:54 PM
    Umm now I am in a dilemma to use Facebook or not. Yes sometimes Facebook is irritating due to games notification , I always curios what if my account got hacked by someone , I should consider deleting my account. By this I can moreover focus on my studies much more easily rather just hanging around on Facebook and liking ,commenting on images ;)
    WhatsApp does the same , and I have Skype to communicate with my close friends. I really don't understand how to use twitter. Can someone here Elian me how to use it. I have a account but I rarely use it. Oh one more. I use Instagram a lot , will deleting my Facebook id delete or conflict with my Instagram ? This post is completely off topic sorry

I'll answer your last question. I have an Instagram account, even though I do not have a Facebook account.
    02-04-2014 11:57 PM
    I'll answer your last question. I have an Instagram account, even though I do not have a Facebook account.
    Now I know its safe to kick Facebook. Will also get another stupid benefit , will get 300-400mb space on my tablet by deleting the app. Now a final goodbye post on Facebook. Hahaha ;)

02-05-2014 12:15 AM
    Now I know its safe to kick Facebook. Will also get another stupid benefit , will get 300-400mb space on my tablet by deleting the app. Now a final goodbye post on Facebook. Hahaha ;)

Wow, you are easily influenced :P

I have ditched all the photo social networks and video social networks. I only tweet and Facebook because my family and friends won't move from Facebook to Skype. The day I have everyone on Skype (the day when Skype mobile isn't a battery hog on any OS!) - I will become anti-social networking, save my phone battery and use Skype video calls for special ones, Skype chat for the nice ones, Skype image sharing etc for good ones. Everyone else, will be on my block list :P
    02-05-2014 03:46 AM
    Facebook is like dead here in germany
    02-05-2014 04:23 AM
44 12