Lumia 520/521 + 12 months of Xbox Music $99. No contract

Christopher Senn

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
So microsoft is having a sale of a no contract phones 520 ATT and 521 Tmobile that comes with 12 months of Xbox Music for $99
I was thinking of getting this as I never owned a Windows Phone. I currently have a G2 on verizon and most likely i wont most likely find any use for these older models though.
But I was thinking i could just get the package and just sell the phones on ebay. That should save me tons of money on xbox music
can any of these phones work on verizon?
Buy Xbox Music Pass Bundle - Microsoft Store

not sure if its online only or windows store only

Last edited:

Christopher Senn

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
got my hands on the 30 day free trial
seems that NONE i mean zero of my songs out of the collection i started are playable when i use the app on my android due to DRM issues.
Is this a problem with android phones or just the trial. I mean this could be the worst music app trial i ever experienced

flyingsolid

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Bump. Would like to know if either device will work on Verizon and what limitation there may be.

EDIT: nevermind, I got the answer.

Last edited:

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
really wanted to get the 521 but I don't think tmobile will unlock it. I'm with AT&T but the 521 is a better value because it supports more bands than 520

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
really wanted to get the 521 but I don't think tmobile will unlock it. I'm with AT&T but the 521 is a better value because it supports more bands than 520

T-mobile will unlock it after 7 days the phone has been active on their network. They have unlocked a 521 for me. T-Mo unlocks 2 phones per line per calendar year, no questions asked. Only requirement is SIM should have been on the phone for 7 days prior to requesting an unlock code.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
got my hands on the 30 day free trial
seems that NONE i mean zero of my songs out of the collection i started are playable when i use the app on my android due to DRM issues.
Is this a problem with android phones or just the trial. I mean this could be the worst music app trial i ever experienced
What app are you using? I've had a music pass for years, through Android, iOS, and Windows Phone, never had issues playing songs.

As long as the subscription is active, the songs should play.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
This is an excellent deal. As I am a happy, happy XBOX Music user, I can say it is well worth the service. And it is one of the best bargins on the market.

Throw in a trusty L520 or L521, and you have yourself some Happy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire