If you were Satya Nadella

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
What will you do different?

The whole world knows that MSFT has reached its competence. And that Google and Apple has push MSFT to its limits. If you had one chance, one opportunity and was Satya Nadella for 24 hrs what would you do to wake up a sleeping giant such as MSFT?

I go first. I would stop mentioning other products on my ads.

Your turn......

Last edited:

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
What will you do different?

The whole world knows that MSFT has reached its competence. And that Google and Apple has push MSFT to its limits. If you had one chance. One opportunity and were Satya Nadella for 24 hrs what would you do to wake up a sleeping giant such as MSFT?

I go first. I would stop mentioning other products on my ads.

Your turn......

I Agree. Instead of downplaying competition (scrooged campaign) I would focus more on improving the mobile platform. Also i believe with great advertising, new hardware (like 929/1820) , OS new features , Porting old xbox & xbox 360 games to WP8 (to cater gamers) can boost Windows phones to surpass iphone within 2 years. So i would focus on that.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I would shake up marketing by showing device features in ads, rather than people dancing. For instance, the ads with Ben the PC Guy are terrific, since they show what Windows Phones do better.

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Divest. Lots of stuff.

Right now MSFT is trying to compete against myriad technology companies: Google, Apple, Yahoo are just a few.

It's too hard, and they are coming up second/third in new markets I think mostly because it is hard to do lots of different things well at the same time.

I'm quite sure that's what Mulally would have done if they could have persuaded him to take the job. he's the kind of guy who showed up at Ford and said "what, you renamed the Taurus after 20 years?"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs