Glance notification and double tap not available developer preview lumia 720

mariusfilip

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for a new thread :confused:
Managed to install today the Developer Preview GDR3, Black is not available in my country yet,installation worked flawlessly thanks to the ones who provided the info. I own a lumia 720,love the new features especially the 'x' in multitasking.
Noticed though the options for showing notifications in the glance screen(showing only the clock) and double tap not available. I tried to update via LumiaUpdate and Sysapp Pusher(i think they have basically the same functions) manually all the latest updates for the touch+display,took them one by one but the features are still missing,tried to turn off glance/soft reset,turn on/soft reset...in many combinations,disabled and enabled dev account,searched for updates manually but no result.
Has anyone encountered this type of problem and solving it without doing a hard reset? i backed up my data but i don't want to lose any scores and results in Xbox apps. Thanks in advance,sorry for the english :smile:

Last edited:

mariusfilip

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I live in Romania, it's on 'Waiting for approval' status,the phone is locked in Orange network.Forgot to mention that i do not have installed any glance screen app such like Glance Beta app that could block glance and double-tap.:eek:rly:Thx

Last edited:

mariusfilip

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Glance 2.0 and double-tap-to-wake come with Lumia Black, not Update 3.

Hi,thx,i've seen nobody complain about the glance screen and double-tap enabled after gdr3 preview, maybe it's a bug or something,i have the latest Glance installed, i checked this http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-gdr3-preview/245664-11.htm out and no complains there either...maybe i should write there too:winktongue: i'm thinking i missed something or something missed me, i read much of the forum's posts and got informed before posting but...maybe i just missed one post...don't you know? 'Murphy's law' :devil::grin:

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,thx,i've seen nobody complain about the glance screen and double-tap enabled after gdr3 preview, maybe it's a bug or something,i have the latest Glance installed, i checked this http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-gdr3-preview/245664-11.htm out and no complains there either...maybe i should write there too:winktongue: i'm thinking i missed something or something missed me, i read much of the forum's posts and got informed before posting but...maybe i just missed one post...don't you know? 'Murphy's law' :devil::grin:

Let me elaborate. On most phones, Glance and dttw came with the Lumia Amber software. Glance notifications come with the Lumia Black update, not Update 3. Since you do not have Lumia Black yet, you do not see notifications on your Glance screen. Lumia Black also enables dttw on Lumia 720.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos