Best internet browser for wp8

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm a L820 user.

From what I've seen, there are other browser with more features than IE. See Nokia Xpress, UC, Maxthon. However, all these browser seem significantly slower for some reason.

If you can live with a bit of speed lost, give them a go.

PS: There are other browser. I just can't remember them.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Every "alternative browser" is simply a wrapper around IE/using the built in engine. It's the same as with Chrome on iOS.

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Every "alternative browser" is simply a wrapper around IE/using the built in engine. It's the same as with Chrome on iOS.

Exactly, and unreliable as shi*. Crashing and bugging out all the time. IE would be perfect if only it would get me back STRAIGHT AWAY after i press back, and not render the page again..

ortizang

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I'd really like to have chrome, it's the best browser ever, in computing and smartphones . I use IE although it sucks since I don't have much choice on windows phone.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'd really like to have chrome, it's the best browser ever, in computing and smartphones . I use IE although it sucks since I don't have much choice on windows phone.
No to Chrome. I find it to be really inefficient in its use of memory and the processor, by the way. If there's anything I want on WP, it's Firefox.

The most feature-filled browser out there is UC Browser, but if stability is your concern, you'll either have to use Speed Mode in UC Browser, or just use IE.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Back under WinMo 6.5 I used to use Opera. That was a real good browser !!!

However I like what is built into my 1020. IE seems more then enough for my needs. Same for my Surface RT IE

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to have Opera, or at least I would have. Opera is moving away from Presto in favour of Chromium, which is pretty disheartening.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99