all my Metro Apps stopped working on windows 8.1

dbdmora

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I hope someone can help me. I got on my PC last night and all my metro 8.1 apps stopped working. They keep saying that they failed and to go to PC settings to refresh. At first even PC settings would not open up, it would say missing Media and installation files. I checked my Event Viewer and this started on 2/5 at 6am but I have not had any driver updates since 1/31. I found a blog post where I ran some powershell script to get into PC settings but now when I click on "Refresh" it says media or installation files not found. I downloaded 8.1 update from the windows store.

Does anyone know why all of a sudden all my metro apps stopped working and how to fix it?

Thanks for your help

dbdmora

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
my Windows is up to date, the only thing updating is Windows Defender definition files right now.

What do you know, I turned off firewall and the apps works now.

I turned firewall back on and they still work.

I still don't know why they stopped working, any insight of what could have happen?

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
For me, when I turn off windows firewall metro apps stop working. I have comodo firewall but I have to use windows firewall too. I think it's a must.

micallan_17

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I only had this issue once when I wasn't connected to the internet, it was strange since I had been offline before and everything worked fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs