Wp battery life !

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I am not as dumb as you who is here to fool people

lol, i don't know who's fooling who here mate. You're giving false claims. Those 4 days are impossible with 4 days use of a SMART PHONE. You can have calls, sms, and turn on wi-fi only to check some mails and then turn it back off. With that use, yes you can have 4 days.. but that's not realistic use. Hell i'm really a light user and i balance beatween one and two days.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
lol, i don't know who's fooling who here mate. You're giving false claims. Those 4 days are impossible with 4 days use of a SMART PHONE. You can have calls, sms, and turn on wi-fi only to check some mails and then turn it back off. With that use, yes you can have 4 days.. but that's not realistic use. Hell i'm really a light user and i balance beatween one and two days.

I did mention i play games and listen to music too as well...maybe i dont have one of those apps calming to save battery or display weather which works even in background...

I have noticed many times after restating my phone that the % level goes up

Just before posting the screenshot i had 6% battery life which went to 21% after i accidentally dropped my phone and it restarted

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, I have 920 and it sucks 20 percent per hour for chatting on FB on IE in 2G mode. Normally I get only 1 day of use. I have only facebook beta in the background tasks. I have two e-mail accounts, one is gmail set to sync manually and other outlook.com set to sync daily. I keep my phone on 2G always and use 3G only whenever needed cause I don't have good network in my area for 3G. I chat a couple of hours on FB in IE, 15 mins of Whatsapp, 15 mins other browsing, couple of hours music. Brightness set to high automatic. And I get only 1 day. 4 days is at least in my opinion impossible..

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I had the L920, changed to Ativ-S which gives me about 30% more battery time. The main difference is the screen, lcd vs amoled. Also Ativ has bigger battery 2300mAh vs 2000mAh. Very happy with the runtime of the Ativ.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, I have 920 and it sucks 20 percent per hour for chatting on FB on IE in 2G mode. Normally I get only 1 day of use. I have only facebook beta in the background tasks. I have two e-mail accounts, one is gmail set to sync manually and other outlook.com set to sync daily. I keep my phone on 2G always and use 3G only whenever needed cause I don't have good network in my area for 3G. I chat a couple of hours on FB in IE, 15 mins of Whatsapp, 15 mins other browsing, couple of hours music. Brightness set to high automatic. And I get only 1 day. 4 days is at least in my opinion impossible..

umm Lumia 920 have a pure motion hd plus display , which suck battery ;) so 1 days Is not bad , I do get 6-7 hours on regular heavy usage (playing games , music , wifi always on , Bluetooth always on (used in car) , nfc , network set to 3g ) I am impressed with battery since my iPhone 4s didn't lasted 5 hours if I use it in this way ;)

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
4 days is way too much ! I use a lumia 720 and the max I get out of it is max with data and wifi off is 3 days, if I use data its 1-2 days. Data makes a huge difference in the discharge rate. Btw 820 has a lesser battery than 720 right?

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
4 days is way too much ! I use a lumia 720 and the max I get out of it is max with data and wifi off is 3 days, if I use data its 1-2 days. Data makes a huge difference in the discharge rate. Btw 820 has a lesser battery than 720 right?

Usually i get 3 days too but remember 820 has an AMOLED screen vs TFT on 720... So it save a lot of battery even while using glance

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
umm Lumia 920 have a pure motion hd plus display , which suck battery ;) so 1 days Is not bad , I do get 6-7 hours on regular heavy usage (playing games , music , wifi always on , Bluetooth always on (used in car) , nfc , network set to 3g ) I am impressed with battery since my iPhone 4s didn't lasted 5 hours if I use it in this way ;)

Yes.. I'm also impressed with the battery life. When I was travelling two days ago I got battery backup of 2 days. And I used it for Here maps, music and lots of photo clicking and video shooting. Was at an event at an Engineering college in Pune. My friend with iPhone 4S who didn't do anything I did ran out before me. And funny thing is Apple maps didn't even show the location I was searching. And my Lumia showed the way to college from back side of the college, which wasn't official entrance. Impressed with here maps.. A lot..

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
That says nothing mate, i can put a phone in the drawer, disable everything and it will probably go 6, 7 days. We need to see how you've been using it for those 4 days.

No one here believed my windows laptop took ten minutes to start, but it did. After that experience, I believe the OP.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 1520 has plenty of battery life for my purposes. All I really need is for my phone to last 16-18 hours because I charge it at night. I'm probably a moderate user and typically have over 50% charge left on my phone when I plug it in at night. The lowest my battery has ever gone is 38%. The 1520 is the first phone I have owned where I don't even think about the battery.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes.. I'm also impressed with the battery life. When I was travelling two days ago I got battery backup of 2 days. And I used it for Here maps, music and lots of photo clicking and video shooting. Was at an event at an Engineering college in Pune. My friend with iPhone 4S who didn't do anything I did ran out before me. And funny thing is Apple maps didn't even show the location I was searching. And my Lumia showed the way to college from back side of the college, which wasn't official entrance. Impressed with here maps.. A lot..
apple removed google maps from ios 6 , which was a shame if I use maps , luckily google published maps for iPhone & iPad but they drain battery like hell.umm ios 7 is a battery hog , when compared to windows phone which can handle battery very well. Here maps are great , i used google maps in around 2012 :D never used it again. Hope wp8.1 improves battery life further on current gen devices.

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Of course you have a battery life of 3-4 days, if you don't use your phone...bit still, I compared my Lumia 620 with iPhone and galaxy, its not much worse or better. Depends what you do...using whatsapp, WP will lose, browsing the web, WP lose. Maybe maps and call time WP seems better.

L620 - Tapatalk

mikeyyyownz

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I use my phone 24/7. With that said, whenever I have a free moment I would charge my phone. Taking that into consideration, my Icon blows away my S4 battery life. I would be on both, and charge whenever I could (at my desk at work, nightstand to sleep, etc.). I don't have to charge the Icon in the car for GPS or streaming. For the S4, I would have to. Got the Icon three days after launch, its bee. At 25% once. My S4 wouldn't last 4-6 hours before hitting that mark or lower.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb