A new Nokia 820 device?

Kibosh

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Nokia released some great new devices lately. But for me, they are all too big. My favorite size for a smartphone is still the Nokia 820. Once this was the flagship for Nokia. So I guess somewhere I'm hoping they make an upgrade for it.

Nokia released the 720, which I think is the same size as the 820, but with lesser specs. And that's the thing, I want a smartphone with the size like the 820, but also with all the goodies. Great screen, great camera,...

What is your thought about this? You think maybe Nokia will release something like a 825? For me, a phone still needs to fit in my pocket.

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Nokia may release all their devices with the name X30 from now (As in the 630) to maintain a continuity with all its new windows phone 8.1. So yeah, it may be 830��

Anyway, the 720 and 820 are great devices and I would like to see their successors.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
If my 820 had HD screen, Resolution for 3 tile wide and a Pureview camera I wouldnt upgarde for a long time.

Kibosh

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
It's the "If" part that holds me back to buy a new phone at the moment. I want the size of a 820, but like SAM 77 said: with HD screen, better resolution, pureview etc...

I hope we see one soon, I'm tired off mine WP7.8 HTC. The WP8.1 launch isn't too far off? Or is it?

It's just: before the 920 came, and the bigger ones, the rumor mill was already running. Didn't hear anything yet about a successor for the 820.

Kibosh

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Damn, still no news about a follow up and here I am, last week my company said I can choose a smartphone as a bonus for my good work. Nice off them, but I can't choose, there isn't a phone I want at this time.

I also don't get why Nokia keep on making those phones so big? In my small logic brain, a phone should still fit inside my jeans. There are places you need to keep the phone hidden away, but also in reach. And what at the summer? It's warm, you just wear some pants and a t-shirt. Where to put those big monsters? Always leave it lying next to you, screaming out "steal me"? I'm in the industrial automation business, meaning starting up systems at factory plants. You just don't leave your phone lying there. We even hook up our laptops with a lock. It's a shame people steal things, but it happens a lot.

The Nokia Lumia 820 would be perfect if it wasn't so old. If I'm correct, even that new 630 is bigger. I don't get that... Some time back, when the new iPhone came, I've read a lot off complaints that it wasn't bigger. Well, I get that. A good challenge would be making the borders around the screen smaller, so you have a bigger screen, but the size off the phone stays the same.

So the 720 is too low on specs, the 820 to old and already harder to get here in Belgium and all other higher spec phones to big.

I'm allowed to wait some time before collecting my bonus, but off course not a year... So NOKIA, make a new 825! A high spec phone with all the goodies packed in the size of "a phone", not a tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon