Do I have to purchase apps again after resetting my phone.

WaseemAkram

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking of resetting my phone.i hava a problem .i had brought some paid apps like wpcentral. After resetting the phone.do I have to but it again or can I just install and use it.

anon(5698912)

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
You can't just reinstall them....theres a link to your Microsoft account that shows all of the apps you have downloaded and paid for...on that site you have to click reinstall...give me a minute and I'll find that link for you.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
No just click on Buy and it will say you have paid/bought or whatever and do you want it again that's it

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
There's an even easier way to do this. Just backup your app +settings and after you reset your phone they will automatically download all of your apps and even your favorites in Internet Explorer. Here's how:

Settings--> Backup -->App List + settings

I just reset my phone 2 weeks ago and everything was easy and automatic as advertised.

elitejedimaster

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Just to throw my experience in on this, with the one app in which I had made 2 in app purchases, those carried over as well, so you probably won't experience any problem with that either.

zlx

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Settings--> Backup -->App List + settings.

that's correct!

Bear in mind that although all the apps can be restored after the hard reset, you'll have to go through the home screen configuration from scratch.

btw. mail accounts will also be restored, you'll just need to enter the passwords again, so make sure you have them ;-)

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Will that also work if you choose to change to another Microsoft account? More specifically would I be able to copy the backup file from one cloud account to another (WP old - cloud - copy from cloud 1 to cloud 2 - login with new account to WP new - download from cloud 2) and then reload/import?

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Will that also work if you choose to change to another Microsoft account? More specifically would I be able to copy the backup file from one cloud account to another (WP old - cloud - copy from cloud 1 to cloud 2 - login with new account to WP new - download from cloud 2) and then reload/import?
Probably not. The apps are tied to whatever MS account you purchased them under.

tipu2185

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey can someone tell me if there is a way to get purchases from same region. e.g. I bought two apps from finland region. Now I am using US store. Those two apps are also available in US store but to restore them I need to switch to finland region first then apps get downloaded.

Payal Parmar

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I am playing a game called Sims Freeplay and have reached level 30.
Now I want to hard reset my phone. I have backed it up using back-up option in settings.
However, I would like to know whether the saved data related to the game is also backed-up. In other words, when I re-download Sims after hard reset, do i start with where i left ?

supping

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I am playing a game called Sims Freeplay and have reached level 30.
Now I want to hard reset my phone. I have backed it up using back-up option in settings.
However, I would like to know whether the saved data related to the game is also backed-up. In other words, when I re-download Sims after hard reset, do i start with where i left ?
Not unless it has cloud saves. Only a hacked Samsung wp8 can back up save data.

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Was looking for some help with this exact issue. This weekend I switched my service and bought a new phone, Lumia 925. When I went to go set up the phone, I signed in to my Microsoft account, chose the most recent backup from my other phone, and it told me it would download all the settings, texts, and reinstall apps. To the best of my knowledge all my settings and texts were restored, but it never started doing anything with the apps. I went to my purchase history online and I'm trying to click Reinstall on the apps there to have them sent to the phone, but I'm being told that it can't contact my phone right now. Is there anyway to force them all to download without doing another reset? Is there something I have to do on this phone to make it my new primary or something so the online service can contact it to install apps? I've already made sure the setting to allow push notifications for app install is checked. I did a hard reset on my last phone about a month ago and all the apps came through no problem. Thanks!

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
There's an even easier way to do this. Just backup your app +settings and after you reset your phone they will automatically download all of your apps and even your favorites in Internet Explorer. Here's how:

Settings--> Backup -->App List + settings

I just reset my phone 2 weeks ago and everything was easy and automatic as advertised.

Same here. The only thing I had to do was set my tiles up again. (I took screen shots prior to the reset, so I had a record of where everything was prior to the reset, and I made a few tweaks when I rearranged them.)

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm being told that it can't contact my phone right now. Is there anyway to force them all to download without doing another reset? Is there something I have to do on this phone to make it my new primary or something so the online service can contact it to install apps?

Yes, send a link to the app via email to your live.com account, then click on the link from your phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)