Emails/SkyDrive being delayed

fnanfne

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
As per subject, emails I send using my Nokia Lumia 1020 are being delayed. I've also noticed things I save to my SkyDrive takes quite a long time before they're finally synced. I have attached a photo to this thread to illustrate.

WindowsPhoneIssues.jpg

The area in red is two emails I sent from my Nokia 1020 running WP8. These emails were sent seconds apart from each other. The area in green is two emails I sent from my iPhone 4s running iOS6. These two emails were also sent seconds apart form each other as you can see from the time stamp. You might also notice the time stamp for the two emails in red has a 25 minute delay, hence the reason for this thread.

I've NEVER ever seen this in my whole life before and it's absolutely egregious and pathetic.

Like I said, I've seen long delays with saving stuff to SkyDrive as well but don't have nifty depictions to support my claim.

Anyone with any insight as to why this is happening and if I can fix it?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
egregious and pathetic.

Interesting terminology. :)

A couple of quick questions. Is this connected to WiFi when this happens or only mobile data?

I know that MS and Google don't get a long that well but I didn't think email would be a big issue. Who knows though?

fnanfne

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Good question, I really should've included this in my initial post!

I am certain that I was on wifi as I was at home at the time and the Nokia connects automatically to known wifi's when in range.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Seems a bit odd that a delay would happen with WiFi. I can understand a bit more with mobile data but not WiFi.

Do you have any issues with Outlook.com at all? Is it the same or do you use it?

I'm trying to think what to say. I checked all the settings and there's nothing in the email settings to say 'send immediately'. You could try a soft reset to see if that fixes anything. Sometimes there's some glitches that occur and this can fix them. Other than that I recommend a hard reset or using Nokia Software Tool. It's possible something is wrong with your phone.

I did a quick search around to see if there was anything useful on the forum to help but didn't find anything. It's possible it's just an issue between MS and Google still. As for the Skydrive I'm not sure what to say.

fnanfne

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

I have not used Office (Outlook.com) on the phone yet though I do have an Office365 account.

I have had at least two instances in the past where I had to reboot (not a hard reset) my phone because I wasn't receiving any text messages. Low and behold, once my Windows Phone booted up again, I received a deluge of text messages that was probably just hanging out in Limbo beforehand. This, I've also never seen in my life before. I've only used the phone for around a month but it has so many issues that I'm now back to using my old, cranky iPhone. Using a Windows Phone is like using a Windows OS based PC, in that: "reboots sorts out most problems" but I cannot accept that when using a mobile phone, smart or otherwise. I simply cannot afford to reboot my phone whenever I'm expecting a message to come in and it's not there, not to mention all the other issues where a reboot will sort it!

Thank you for the suggestion to do a hard reset using the Nokia Software Tool, I was unaware of this tool but I'll give it a go!

Regards

Steven.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Here's a link for the tool if you want to use it.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-quietly-releases-software-recovery-tool.html

You must backup the phone prior to doing this otherwise you'll lose everything. Game data doesn't get backup though. It may or may not fix your problem. So I leave it to you to sort out if you want to do it. It will install a fresh new firmware.

I completely agree with you that some people have had poor luck with WP and that it sometimes does feel like a Windows OS experience. Saying that however I've not had issues on W8.1 where I had to restart the computer in recent times.

Best way to look at WP8 and there will be people who will disagree, is that it's the beta version of the OS. WP8.1 will most likely be the 'real' version or the version they should have released initially. That's just my opinion but I don't feel I'm far off.

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
Sounds like cellular data network problem. Have you tried test network speed connection? Is it stable or losing many packet? Or is the phone frequently shifts from 2G to 3G or LTE?

fnanfne

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
WP8.1 will most likely be the 'real' version or the version they should have released initially. That's just my opinion but I don't feel I'm far off.

That may be true but for now, I've restored my phone to it's default factory settings as I had some bad battery issues I could not get rid of (http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1020/262685-battery-despondent.html) so I'm back to using my old iPhone.

I'd actually like to test sending emails again just to see if restoring the phone made a difference but will probably wait until the next WP OS iteration.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb