Windows Phone 8.1 new news leaked from the SDK

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Shame that app developers can't be trusted to respect the NDA enough to keep their mouths shut.

Yeah, a promise is a promise. Although I have to wonder who they are keeping it a secret from? Is there anything in the list of "secrets" that is of any worth to Apple or Google? I mean if Apple and Google get this information what would it change about their strategy?

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Windows phone is playing catch up in features and really are not too many features that have been leaked that other platforms have. They kept the better things more of a secret. I do not think that they lost very much.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
WPC posted that Facebook is completely removed from people hub....is that true??

I dont think its gone they will probably let your Microsoft account log u into Facebook now since u can link your acct to Facebook. I think thewindows 8.1 does the same thing

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I dont think its gone they will probably let your Microsoft account log u into Facebook now since u can link your acct to Facebook. I think thewindows 8.1 does the same thing

I hope that's true. I hardly ever use the actual FB or Twitter apps and always use the People hub

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I wonder, sense they are saying the UX is now working like W8, will pressing the start screen launch the start menu, and pressing it again send you back to the app you were last using?

That I think will be very nice. as for the first time you will feel you are on a computer, not a phone.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I hope that's true. I hardly ever use the actual FB or Twitter apps and always use the People hub

I've also been read about a new and official Facebook blue app for 8.1 that will integrate with the people hub after you sign in. So I hope that's the case

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I have the same feeling, may be after MWC.

Actually I don't think that's enough time for Devs to tinker their way with the OS, and there is a small issue of apps not being back compatible, meaning apps on WP8.1 wont work on WP8, so even with the update, we might not get serious stuff to be laid on top of that amazing OS as most of the people wont be able to use it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers