Windows phone 8.1 or NoFacebookMessenger Phone 8.1?

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Facebook account option REMOVED
That was one of the main features why i choosed WP8 over android or iOS and now im gonna get bended over by MS?

All threads about Facebook messenger in FB uservoice page got removed last week, it might tell us that FB messenger is coming or that we getting completely shafted

locokip

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft is a huge investor in Facebook and they partner on many levels, so I don't think we would see LESS Facebook in anything from MS but MORE.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Facebook account option means FB Chat? I'm a little confused.

It's a simple as 2 plus 2
You add facebook account to your MS account and then your **** appears on people hub and messaging hub

the facebook beta app now notifies you instantly when you receive a message, maybe that is why it is removed
Could be, but i like clean interface of messaging hub 10000x more than fb app.

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
This change has me nervous. I do not use Facebook a lot, so I do not have any Facebook Apps installed. Instead I either look at my contacts from the people hub or use groups to check on twitter, Facebook, email and other contacts from a particular group. If I have to use a Facebook app to check Post, I never will.

Robot_Man

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If they remove FB, it would be just stupid, having FB all over my phone instead of being force to use an app was the best feature in WP.

zeronoise

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
it seems that apps can be plugins to hubs and the messaging app has been opened up so we might be getting a much better facebook in the messaging app than what we have now. Best thing to do is wait and see

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
it seems that apps can be plugins to hubs and the messaging app has been opened up so we might be getting a much better facebook in the messaging app than what we have now. Best thing to do is wait and see
I thought about the same aswell, i hope this is true.
But what about people hub? What will happen to it?

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
If they remove FB, it would be just stupid, having FB all over my phone instead of being force to use an app was the best feature in WP.

Also having junk files all over your phone is nice :)

A good way to do it is to let Facebook messenger active throughout Messages app OR vice versa ( Since we got the option to set different apps for messages ) we can see a Facebook messenger app that allow you to receive TEXT messages. and you still have the Facebook app.

npoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
People hub is my main feature in WP since WP7... I totally love the speed, the feel and the fact that I don't need an app to check what's going on in FB and Twitter. I don't want them to remove that or having to use the app for chatting since I use FB chat in Messaging hub as well as you know... SMS and Messenger.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Wow interesting, can't wait to see what will come out

But i still hope that messenger stays at messaging hub and finally gets "Available on mobile" option

xsonwong

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I will be quite disappointed on this, they are removing the unique feature from WP7...
Which is the result from merging WP and WinRT...

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I think people should quell their disappointment (or excitement, for that matter) until the update is officially unveiled. People get so emotional over these leaks when there's still a chance that 1) the leak is innaccurate 2) what's shown in the leak may not make it to the final build or 3) the changes made end up being better than what was originally implemented. Leaks are just that?leaks, or small bits of information. We shouldn't judge anything until everything is officially announced and we've been presented with ALL of the information.

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
I would guess, this is a function of MS pulling functionality out of the core OS (like music and video hub) to replace it with an app that can hook into the same functionality AND be updated separately from the OS itself.

I'm perfectly OK with that approach. I turned off messenger FB chat in favor of the new app as soon as they upgraded the message notifications in it.

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
i think we need to read another function to better undestand why facebook is removed:

Background tasks: Bluetooth signal strength, Chat message notification, Device connection change, Device use trigger, Gatt characteristic notification, Location, Push notification, Rfcomm connection, System event, Timer

What this mean? WP8 already have chat message notification, so this must be something new.. something like a background service that can handle some kind of chat message notification.
So, here what i think: WP 8.1 will provide some new background service that apps can use; one of them is the Chat Message notification, hopefully any developer can use that service to fetch new message for his app. MAYBE this can also mean we can interface other app with the messaggin app (like whatsapp messages on normal message app).
IF this is true then the messaging app will be totally customizable, if i want facebook in the integrated chat system i'll just install the app.. otherwise i just don't.
We can only suppose things with the actual info, but i think this can be one possibility.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
People hub is my main feature in WP since WP7... I totally love the speed, the feel and the fact that I don't need an app to check what's going on in FB and Twitter. I don't want them to remove that or having to use the app for chatting since I use FB chat in Messaging hub as well as you know... SMS and Messenger.

This feature was never mentioned to be removed. Only thing that is removed is the Facebook integration. Why? Well, Microsoft accounts now have Facebook integration, so why does Facebook need to be integrated twice? This won't change anything, just means the Microsoft account everyone signs up for will also grab the Facebook extras. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo