Office for Windows Phone 8.1

gerbir21

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I would hope so. If excel still can't allow for copy/cut/paste of multiple cells after WP 8.1, that would be a major disappointment for me.

sunco

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Not a big user of Office on WP but couple days ago I needed to do something on Excel

- Can't remove bold font-style (same with italic, underline..)
- No color schema (just 3 colors)
- No font-size
- No align (center, right)
- Can't insert new row
- Can't insert a graphic on the same sheet

I'm not talking abut 5,000 Excel functions on desktop, but very basic functions

About removing bold font-style, I'm not talking about "undo" option. Try this: Add text, then bold, move to another cell, add text, then try to remove bold from first text

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, it hasn't changed at all in the leaked SDK build, but I hope it gets a huge upgrade as well. At the bare minimum I'd like OneNote to support adding new ink notes (yes, even if I have to use a capacitive stylus) just so I can make a quick doodle when I need to remember something.

Wp8 lvr

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Please help..
i got email of onedrive extra storage from ms.
but when i click on link it asks for redeem code..
but what is redeem code?
can any1 tell me?
Please send me a message.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I really hope they update office but with no leaks or rumors idk. I just hope when they release office for ios it doesn't blow wp out of the water.

Would like it of they made it a stand alone app in the store so it can be updated more frequently(like they seem to be doing with Facebook integration)

They want to push the enterprise stuff which is great but they need more than basic features in office (and I'm not talking anything like writing excel macros).

Quhi

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Of course they should update it... Word has like 1% of the functions the full version offers. And even that little amount is not very comfortable to use. For example - making the text smaller and bigger by using a button, without a possibility to set the size of the text manually. This is such a basic request. I hope that there will be like 20% of functions available in the future. Right now it looks like the office hub is in pre-alpha state :/

huntatar

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everybody,

First of all I have to say that I bought a new Nokia Lumia ( 930 ) phone and I would like to congratulate to the developers and engineers, because this is my first smart phone and I like very much the way it looks like, the improvements ( apps ) in it and the Windows 8.1 OS itself with the live tiles.

First and foremost I always concentrate on the strong points ( whatever I see ), and I appreciate it, that's why I began with this now too, but joining in the previous comments I have to say that it has unfortunately some flaws too thinking about mainly the Office for WP.

It is a thing that it has fewer functions than the original Office, but I can't really understand why the Word is unable to visualize documents the same way than the original, full version Word for PC can do. I mean that the WP Word is making up ( fragment ) the lines in a way that the documents we edited on a PC became unreadable on the phone's Word. I'm really sorry but from this view it is almost unusable. If I edit a Word document on a PC, I can't read it on my phone's Word because of the lines' fragmentation. So I need to convert my Word docs to pdf to be able to read them.

I really hope that at least one windows phone developer will read this comment, and improve & update the WP Word in this way. Please give more functions to WP Office and let us read Word documents the same way we can read them on a PC not to fragment the lines.

Thank You!

On the whole a satisfied WP user! :)