Tom Warren just dropped a hint that tattoos/background designs are coming to Windows Phone 8.1!

Ash_Biz

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hahahaha... Alright. Very disappointed to hear that btw. Background designs will seriously look cool on Windows Phone. If not WP8.1, then maybe WP9 will give us tattoos.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Hahahaha... Alright. Very disappointed to hear that btw. Background designs will seriously look cool on Windows Phone. If not WP8.1, then maybe WP9 will give us tattoos.
There's much more to 8.1 than is in the SDK. There are still a handful of surprises left for Build and I don't think you'll be disappointed at all. The thing about Tom's screenshots is don't take them literally :wink:

Last edited:

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Whos Tom Warren ?

@ Daniel Rubino
Sounds like you know something we dont know...

lol, oh I do. And I'm sure Tom does too, though he was being cheeky with that post. Regardless, some things should remain a surprise. The 8.1 team has worked hard, let them have their moment :)

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
There's much more to 8.1 than is in the SDK. There are still a handful of surprises left for Build and I don't think you'll be disappointed at all. The thing about Tom's screenshots is don't take them literally :wink:

mmmm maybe there will be background color selection...

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see the ability to group tiles with a title header and have some 'white space' between where a tattoo background would work nicely.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Btw, he says there is still more features, like a lot more. How can all of this fit in an update lol. I think my phone will explode after the update.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
This is def a feature. Rubino is just trying to get us to not think so.

I wish it was the case but I don't think Dan would say it's not there when indeed it's there. I hope they add it before the official release but as of now, I believe Dan when he says it isn't there. You can vote for it though on uservoice

Last edited:

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Guys, it's not there. I wouldn't image Dan would actually say something (in 10 minutes, too, very quick on that one) if he already knew about it. I would imagine that he just wouldn't say anything at all.

Mmmmm. Synced Windows 8 backgrounds :p

Although I must admit, this would be so awesome!

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Anybody hoping for a third row of tiles, similar to the 1080p displays?

Or even live tiles that refresh instantly instead of every 30 minutes? (for developers)

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Anybody hoping for a third row of tiles, similar to the 1080p displays?

Or even live tiles that refresh instantly instead of every 30 minutes? (for developers)

I am but not getting hopes up.

On a L820 I wish I had the option to choose and not let it be decided for me.

Plus was hoping live tiles refresh interval would also be a user option but its just hope.

Add to that I want Datasense independant of my carrier BS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss