Tom Warren just dropped a hint that tattoos/background designs are coming to Windows Phone 8.1!

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I don't have anything wrong Daniel. That image is just a mockup, as stated very clearly in the article.

Right, but as per our conversation, things can be a bit different in the final release, or rather, different builds of 8.1 (internal beta) are showing off different aspects of this feature, not yet revealed in its entirety. Basically, we're talking about different sides of the same coin here.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
It's good to know that it is going to be there but I prefer to not see actual images of the new consumer features until the launch event. I'm not against leaks, I love them and I want to READ them but I'll try to not SEE them. I want to be surprised this time.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
It's good to know that it is going to be there but I prefer to not see actual images of the new consumer features until the launch event. I'm not against leaks, I love them and I want to READ them but I'll try to not SEE them. I want to be surprised this time.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I'd rather see MS take the stage and wow us instead of just cover what has been reported. It's a shame about all the leaks. I mean, I'm all up for teasing, but seeing 90% of the OS before its announce is kind of weak. The modern age of tech reporting.

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
The 8.1 team could have had their moment at windows phone 8, because nothing in 8.1 is revolutionary. It's only revolutionary in the world of WP.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I'd rather see MS take the stage and wow us instead of just cover what has been reported. It's a shame about all the leaks. I mean, I'm all up for teasing, but seeing 90% of the OS before its announce is kind of weak. The modern age of tech reporting.

Imagine if the SDK wasn't leaked. Build would have been a hell of an event. Hopefully not everything gets leaked before Build. Regardless, the 8.1 is shaping up to be much more than I expected!

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Imagine if the SDK wasn't leaked. Build would have been a hell of an event. Hopefully not everything gets leaked before Build. Regardless, the 8.1 is shaping up to be much more than I expected!
Well, things like Cortana, Action Center and this background image feature (which is not yet fully detailed) will hopefully do that. There are a lot of customer-facing features not in the SDK. But really, the majority of it is there, just perhaps not the 'wow' stuff.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, things like Cortana, Action Center and this background image feature (which is not yet fully detailed) will hopefully do that. There are a lot of customer-facing features not in the SDK. But really, the majority of it is there, just perhaps not the 'wow' stuff.

Until I find out whether they keep the name Cortana for the personal assistant and whether Jen Taylor is the voice, I'm still excited for BUILD. Dan, I know you're not into Cortana so it probably has no meaning to you, but until that leaks, I haven't lost any "wow" potential.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Until I find out whether they keep the name Cortana for the personal assistant and whether Jen Taylor is the voice, I'm still excited for BUILD. Dan, I know you're not into Cortana so it probably has no meaning to you, but until that leaks, I haven't lost any "wow" potential.

agreed.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

This just broke my heart! :(

We've seen 90% of new changes already? So the 'wow' bit may only be 10%?

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Im glad all this got leaked already...who knows...i was really close from switching to a Moto X...anything was possible. :devil:

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I can already see the diehards claiming we don't need a background, VPN, notification center, Cortana, etc... I guess they're happy belonging to the 4%.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
This just broke my heart! :(

We've seen 90% of new changes already? So the 'wow' bit may only be 10%?

Eh, 90% was pulling out of my rear. Hard to quantify, obviously. But a lot has been revealed. But there are still cool things to come...which will probably also get leaked.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Im glad all this got leaked already...who knows...i was really close from switching to a Moto X...anything was possible. :devil:

Really? I have a Moto X. Cute phone, but night/day between it and say a Lumia 925 or Icon. I'd rather grab my iPhone 5S, TBH. It just has some weird things, like ****ty buttons. The camera is crap, so is call quality. Audio speaker is good and the Google stuff, if you're into that, is nice.

GuilhermeManso

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Eh, 90% was pulling out of my rear. Hard to quantify, obviously. But a lot has been revealed. But there are still cool things to come...which will probably also get leaked.

I just need three more confirmations:
- Quick Responses;
- Saved Games Backup;
- More Quick Notifications (more than just 5 in the lockscreen);
And my wish list for WP8.1 will become complete. :)

But I still hope to see something trully new in BUILD, something that anyone was hoping for. Can I dream with that Dan??

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Oh, The Moto X thing will not happen, not after all the great information we have about 8.1 features !

...i will add one thing to the list from GuilhermeManso:
- Gapless Playback ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb