Tom Warren just dropped a hint that tattoos/background designs are coming to Windows Phone 8.1!

Bruno Arphenia

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
8_1.jpg

In the name of god, this way never be most beautiful than this way ^
Or this way >original.jpg

It's beautiful, consistent with Windows 8.1 and doesn't interfere with the beautiful clean live tiles

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
That mockup is terrible. Though it's hard to judge from it because Tom said it's just using Skinery (though did you notice the wide tile for the Store?).

If they go down this route I don't get how it'll work with live tiles. If you've got tiles that cycle through photos, have news headlines, show the weather etc...how is that going to work?

It would be much better if they had W8 style backgrounds to choose from.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
After thinking about this for a while, this won't work...Imagine what would happen to the people hub tile and other tiles that cycle. How would that fit in. Background behind the tiles is the best option.

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I still hope that they make backgrounds (behind the tiles) available. In my opinion it looks beautiful with a nice background.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I mean...why skinned tiles? This is just stupid. I take back my post where I said this would work...Sigh, I just give us the option to change the background from the bland black and white. That's the option most people asked for but they decided to do "what they wanted". Guess the listen but don't hear. Sigh, this just put me off big time. Gosh MS!

EDIT: I guess I'll follow JaS00555's advice...I'll reserve my judgement till I see it

Last edited:

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I still hope that they make backgrounds (behind the tiles) available. In my opinion it looks beautiful with a nice background.

Agreed. And to anyone saying the skinery thing is stupid, it is a CHOICE. You dont have to use it.

But yeah, I hope we also have an option for background behind the tiles of some sorts. But first and foremost, I want MORE tile color choices.

Bruno Arphenia1

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
but it is a choice that does not meet the expectations of most users, all they wanted background including windowsphone.uservoice.com we were not talking that way , skinery already does this , and who used must have seen how horrible when we mix the image of background with other apps fixed color images and tiles slide. Much more obvious would be to follow the line of Windows 8.1 design is lovely but infelzimente Microsoft seems to have not yet learned how to standardize a consistent design in their products , like Apple. See the iPad follows the same look of iPhone and seem distinct products which share only the same initial idea , it would be more pleased acertivo exactly who requested this feature and let preserved the option of still using and enjoying the black or white background , for those who do not interessase , so this just creating a customization option that actually will not aggregate it does not satisfy . I hope they at least give us the freedom of choice of new colors , cuz this new customization option sounds like a big fail as it will not meet the expectations of those who requested this feature .

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Please NO they can't be serious. MS should fire the monkey that made this horrible looking mockup. If this is the final decision I don't gonna use it ever.

Don't worry. This was made by Tom using Skinnery. We are yet to see the final product. Hopefully it would be a lot better

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
So let me get this straight. We're getting skinned tiles as backgrounds, instead of background wallpaper? Or are we having BOTH?

Pontifex

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Incredible how mad people are at the skinnery. Just don't effing use it if you don't want it! You aren't forced to use it ffs.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Don't worry. This was made by Tom using Skinnery. We are yet to see the final product. Hopefully it would be a lot better

I've seen what it looks like in 8.1. It's just like Skinery. It's completely optional too, obviously. I think it's kind of a neat idea, but whatever.

Bruno Arphenia1

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
:eck: I'm a User who would like more customization to the system, and thus will not meet my expectation and I believe that most people will not, since it will be impossible to use it in a really cute way to stay if you have a variety of apps, ie I will not use, then continue without options. Very sad was one of the features that most expect, hope microsoft reconsider. :unhappy:

Bruno Arphenia1

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Me too, Daniel mild to voice of the community for teams to design Windows Phone, whoever does not want skinery personalized way, we want backgrounds or colors for background or a bigger dream backgrounds windows 8.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb