Live tile update limitation changed with 8.1?

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering if anybody knows if the current live tile update restriction of one update every 30 minutes will be changed so developers can have better tile refresh rates like the built in messaging app. So this way it will be in real time. And then Lumia owners could also have something like the HTC clock tile :)

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I hope the live tile and background tasks issue will finally be fixed with reliable notifications in tow. Since the os is more in line with rt, and windows rt does not have live tile problems, then I could see it work now. I also hope all messaging apps will have reliable notifications now that work everytime.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping that the next generation of phones and OS will allow more background tasks and more live tiles. I like showing off, the live tiles flipping. Now I have them spaced out and always make sure to swipe to the next group, after one group has flipped a few times.

Jon S

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Reply to darkest.white "Just wondering if anybody knows if the current live tile update restriction of one update every 30 minutes will be changed so developers can have better tile refresh rates like the built in messaging app. So this way it will be in real time. And then Lumia owners could also have something like the HTC clock tile :)"

I don't think we will get background tasks that can run all the time. But I think the limit in Win8.1 is 15 minutes, so we could hope for that at least. Also in Win8 background agents can be triggered by events, like a push notification, and some of the leaks have mentioned that this will come to WP8.1 also. Maybe even triggered by position? So a lot of new scenarios for background tasks will be possible, it seems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes