Possibility of a Torrent App?

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Now seeing all the leaks with the ability to download files to a downloads folded, I can see the possibility of a torrent ap that runs in the background. This could be very interesting because files that you download that have an unknown extension will go to downloads, where you could then open a .tor file from there.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Now seeing all the leaks with the ability to download files to a downloads folded, I can see the possibility of a torrent ap that runs in the background. This could be very interesting because files that you download that have an unknown extension will go to downloads, where you could then open a .tor file from there.

I think that would depend on how much more flexibility Microsoft is going to give to developers when it comes to background downloading. Even the PODCASTS! app requires you to stay on the screen when downloading big files.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Lets hope that podcasts can be downloaded in the background because that is ridiculous that WP does not have this functionality. I don't ever listen to podcasts, but they should download in the background, stupid.

WNxAshik

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
They dont want to run it in the background in order to keep the OS smooth. BG app downloads would ruin the smoothness of a 520.
But again lets hope MS lets it possible for the higher end phones.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
They dont want to run it in the background in order to keep the OS smooth. BG app downloads would ruin the smoothness of a 520.
But again lets hope MS lets it possible for the higher end phones.

I can see it being a problem for the Lumia 520 or any 512MB phone, but powerful hardware will find its way down the price-ladder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720