WPCentral's Windows Phone 8.1 Feature-list

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed in most cases resuming takes longer than starting the app again. And it mostly resumes to the start of the app anyway, instead of where we left it.
So this susending bullsh*t coukd turn out to be a real pain in the ***. Good thing they're bringing swipe down to kill, cos that'll be the most used feature now.

uhh you can already close apps with that x-button you know...

KK SARMA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
kids corner without password requirement is one feture that u guys missed and i think the windows button notification blink will come after a nokia firmware update for lumias

Actually many of US don't need KID'S CORNER...... it a waste app for many, but I don't tell that no one will use it though...

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed in most cases resuming takes longer than starting the app again. And it mostly resumes to the start of the app anyway, instead of where we left it.
So this susending bullsh*t coukd turn out to be a real pain in the ***. Good thing they're bringing swipe down to kill, cos that'll be the most used feature now.

Tombstoning has to be programmed into an application. It's not inherent in the OS, plus, it doesn't run in the background anyway. You don't have to close apps.

marcusasdrubal

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Can I attach multiple files on the mail app? Send more than one doc? Send more than 2 pdfs? Small audio files? Will be able to use thirds apps to send v?deos without restriction like iOS and Android?
The Mail app is the most wanted feature I need, since I work in a bank. It is hard to accept that I am unable to access my files library (docs and pdfs) and is not possible to send multiple files on the mail app on WP8.0

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Now that the windows phone 8.1 has officially been announced.. Can anyone please POST a full list of confirmed features..
Will be very helpful..!! :)

Logix1

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Joey Belfiore has confirmed that all devices will have the option to have 3 columns in the 8.1 update, regardless of what screen size you have?. Can somebody else confirm this for me please

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Joey Belfiore has confirmed that all devices will have the option to have 3 columns in the 8.1 update, regardless of what screen size you have?. Can somebody else confirm this for me please
Yes. Thats what he said. It looks like there's an option in the settings page to activate the extra column tiles.

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

anon(8730639)

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Man, I wish that orange Lumia 930 would be coming to the US.

A couple questions about WP8.1, are three columns permanently turned on or can it be toggled on and off? Second, if Cortana is now the Search Button, then what does holding the Start Button do?

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Man, I wish that orange Lumia 930 would be coming to the US.

A couple questions about WP8.1, are three columns permanently turned on or can it be toggled on and off? Second, if Cortana is now the Search Button, then what does holding the Start Button do?

holding the start button do nothing

aienjell

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I didn't catch the whole keynote, can someone tell me if a file explorer/download folder was added so that we can download anything like exe's to the SD and not just apps, photos, vids, music, and docs.

Luigi Zarlenga

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I didn't catch the whole keynote, can someone tell me if a file explorer/download folder was added so that we can download anything like exe's to the SD and not just apps, photos, vids, music, and docs.

I was just trying the wp8.1 emulator (from the SDK RC released yesterday), and these features are just not there. As far as I could see, you only get a "file picker" when you try to upload something from IE11 (that is very good improvement) where you can see folders like "photos", "documents", "music" but also a "download" folder, that I assumed was where all the other type of file should be stored. But still, if you try to download a .exe file, IE11 blocks you with the "not supported" stuff. AND, if you tap the attach button from within a new email, you still find yourself wandering inside the photo hub with no possibility to pick anything but photo (or video)...great disappointment for me. I hope I just didn't get it right, and maybe I was missing something using the emulator...

SebastinElvin

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I was just trying the wp8.1 emulator (from the SDK RC released yesterday), and these features are just not there. As far as I could see, you only get a "file picker" when you try to upload something from IE11 (that is very good improvement) where you can see folders like "photos", "documents", "music" but also a "download" folder, that I assumed was where all the other type of file should be stored. But still, if you try to download a .exe file, IE11 blocks you with the "not supported" stuff. AND, if you tap the attach button from within a new email, you still find yourself wandering inside the photo hub with no possibility to pick anything but photo (or video)...great disappointment for me. I hope I just didn't get it right, and maybe I was missing something using the emulator...
its disappointing..
😡

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss