WPCentral's Windows Phone 8.1 Feature-list

SebastinElvin

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I was just trying the wp8.1 emulator (from the SDK RC released yesterday), and these features are just not there. As far as I could see, you only get a "file picker" when you try to upload something from IE11 (that is very good improvement) where you can see folders like "photos", "documents", "music" but also a "download" folder, that I assumed was where all the other type of file should be stored. But still, if you try to download a .exe file, IE11 blocks you with the "not supported" stuff. AND, if you tap the attach button from within a new email, you still find yourself wandering inside the photo hub with no possibility to pick anything but photo (or video)...great disappointment for me. I hope I just didn't get it right, and maybe I was missing something using the emulator...
if u can run WhatsApp in ur emulator..try sending doc files..i really counting on this feature when 8.1 is announced ...rply me

feedmylittletroll

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to see if there is a AirPrint like feature on WP 8.1. That feature alone saves me a bunch of time on my iPhone but wish a windows phone would have it

lkishor

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
sorry i wont be able to compile a list with all changes but, here are some screenshots taken from wp emulator, released with visual studio update 2 rc, check these, u will get an idea of what does it(wp 8.1) contains...
http://1drv.ms/1dXUGHU

adding a snap of swipe keyboard was not possible, so u may not see that...

lkishor

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Man, I wish that orange Lumia 930 would be coming to the US.

A couple questions about WP8.1, are three columns permanently turned on or can it be toggled on and off? Second, if Cortana is now the Search Button, then what does holding the Start Button do?

you have to turn on three columns, from start+theme option in settings, holding the start button does nothing, as of now...feel free to ask more..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb