Idea for Glace Screen (Zune HD related)

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I always loved my Zune HD. Still today, the best media player in non-existence. I don't know if this has been wrote about, but I had an idea on how Glance screen and Zune media controls can come together.

You know how on Zune HD, when you was playing music and the player goes to sleep, when you hit the unlock button, you was shown the media controls. You could either tap to pause/play/skip/rewind, hold to ff/rew, or you could swipe to next or previous track.

Wouldn't it be functional and cool if MS implemented those controls, via Glance screen? Only when music is played. So basically the controls could be shown or invisible. This would make our OS that much more better. Don't know if any other system has this tho.

Good idea?,

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I really like that idea, although I'm afraid that it could break the passive nature and design of Glance.
eh, an option wouldn't hurt

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Seems like Nokia would have to kick in some more processing power and battery drain, more so than already caused by Glance + Tap to Wake. A lot of headsets already incorporate these features also, so while neat I don't think it would actually add much to usability.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the processing bit, but more battery drain I wouldn't think so much. If controls were limited to "taps" then, that would keep battery drain around the same, wouldn't it?

What handsets have visible or invisible media controls when the phone is sleeping,built in?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett