What features you think are missing and would like to see on the windows phone?

Wp8 lvr

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I want
1- native password lock feature for locking apps, games, hubs(messaging, pics, music, video etc).
2- want to create manualy selected files folders/albums in pic hub, video hub etc.
3- also want option to hide any file, apps n games.

honeyrapper

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
1. Call duration in history
2. All live tiles updating live instead of every 30 minutes.
3. Option to only show sender's name in toasts and hide message content. (breach of privacy I say)
4. Hide phone number when calling someone from locked screen using speech (another breach of privacy)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

fahad kazi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I am currently using my nokia n78 yes you heard it right the oldie as my 920 is gone for repairs as I had some issues with it. I have a feature in this phone that I would like to be in 8.1 is that it should auto connect you home wifi when it is available. Even if the wifi is turned off.

TheRotfler

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
- Repeated sound for missed notifications
- customizable recurring appointments settings just like in outlook
- sound profiles

Features every phone has since 2006

honeyrapper

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
1. Haptic feedback when the guy on the other end answers the call.
2. Text suggestion only in portrait mode.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

typhon62_1

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
The WP dev team is doing a great job, however there are a few features I'd like to see in a future update.

Which features would you like to have the dev team develop?

Here's my list:

• System wide search is still missing :(
  • Face recognition in the photo management app...
  • I would also like a Video Management app separate from the photo albuns, with video editing and youtube, social media, whataspp, sharing in general!
  • Finally, hardware LED notifications on new phones

:amaze::amaze:

Have a great day guys!

I 2nd the LED notification light!

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
ALL the features most requested on Microsoft's User Voice web site, including syncing again with the ZUNE PC software and:
- Custom Snooze times for when Reminders of Appointments display.
- More background tasks so that more "LIVE" Tiles are live and can update more often. This is a distinguishing feature of the Windows Phone operating system. Microsoft should make the most of it.
- TAB and arrow keys (left, right, AND up, down) on the screen keyboard. Could maybe display by double tapping the lower left "number" key, the way we do with the "shift" key to get capital letters to stay on.
- "Select All" option for editing text.

fahad kazi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
One feature I'd like, is a slider for adjusting brightness in the action centre.

Expanding on your last point, it would be even better if the home capacitive button doubled as a notification LED. However, this probably wouldn't be feasible due to some phones with on screen buttons.

I would love this feature as this is also available in my n78 the breathe feature remember?

Tim_Makara

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I want to have option to install apps and games to sd card and file manager. Especially originally Khmer (cambodia) keyboard available to download from Microsoft, because without it I can not type easily!!

Sent from my RM-914_apac_singapore_377 using Tapatalk

Tim_Makara

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I want mail attachment in windows phone to has option to attach file (like pdf, doc, docx, ppt...etc.), while now it allowed only picture attachment. For message, I want attachment like I want for mail like file, audio attachment!!

fahad kazi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I want to have option to install apps and games to sd card and file manager. Especially originally Khmer (cambodia) keyboard available to download from Microsoft, because without it I can not type easily!!

This keyboard is available in 8.1 and also the apps on sd card is there in 8.1

Attachments

• Capture03.PNG
    Capture03.PNG
    46.7 KB · Views: 64

saintmonster

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
L820 user here. I would like to have the option to enable creation of new folders in pictures and videos, and also to move pics from one folder to another.
That would really make things a lot easier..

nathanb131

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
No One Note obsessives like me here?

I'd like to see the native One Note app to be updated with the following:
1. Synced tags and more tag actions. We can apply and search by an unlimited number of tags on the desktop version, but only have the "to-do" checkbox on mobile. Evernote's cross-platform tagging experience is way better.
2. Ability to pin sections and notebooks, instead of just individual pages. The recently updated One Note for Android app will do that, so I'm hoping this update is in the pipeline. I get the impression that embedding OneNote into the OS like Xbox music used to be is holding back their ability to roll out frequent improvements.
3. Small tile should show title of page, like small Evernote small tiles do.
4. I'd say linked-outlook to-do support but I've pretty much given up hope for that to ever be possible. Which brings me to a bit of a rant.....

6 years ago, Outlook/OneNote 2007 on the PC was the absolute best integrated email/calendar/tasks/notes experience. Has of course been updated to 2013 and is STILL the best way to integrate those 4 things at the same time.... Assuming of course that you do ALL that stuff on one PC. Once you try to manage any part of that on web or mobile while away from your battle station it all falls apart. Sure you can sync any of those 4 things to your mobile (with A LOT of workarounds) but you lose the connections between them which is what makes them so awesome on the desktop.

Here's examples of things I could do FIVE years ago with outlook/onenote:
1. Easily convert email to task NATIVELY (not forward the damn thing to another web service to be converted to a reminder/event/task etc and live outside my mail app)
2. Easily convert mail to a calendar event. I occasionally log back into my gmail (forwarded to outlook.com of course) but I'm pretty sure you still can't easily convert to appointment there, if they've finally made it possible I highly doubt it worked as well as outlook did it generations ago. Obviously this isn't even close to being available on hotmail that they now confusingly call outlook.
3. Put a reminder to follow-up on a message (as opposed to using boomerang etc for gmail as a workaround).
4. Be writing notes in OneNote and easily be able to nest an Outlook task inline in those notes. Complete with categories, priority, context, due date, start date, reminder, etc. I could then pop open that task from the note or pop open the note from tasks. Ditto for calendar events and meeting notes.
5. Associate or nest emails with to-do's. I'm seeing a lot of popular new email handling apps for ios and android that do a watered down version of the same thing with all sorts of fanfare as if it's an amazing new idea.

We can debate about what MS is better or worse at than google or apple, but there really isn't a debate about who created the best email/calendar/tasks/notes experience ever and they did it a LONG time ago. But was it wasn't ubiquitous, it didn't sync, and it wasn't cross-platform. I get it, you have to dumb down the experience to achieve those things. But I wish they wouldn't forget their roots and keep dumbing it down even more in order to achieve perfect dumbed-down parity with google and apple. Outlook.com's mail, calendar, and tasks are basically a direct google competitor when they could have separated themselves by truly syncing REAL outlook to the web and to the phone to re-establish their king-of-PIM status.

I should be able to set an outlook task from mobile one-note. I should be able to convert an email to a note or task on mobile/web and have that just sync to my desktop. Heck, I can't even reliably sync my desktop outlook tasks to my WP, which can only be achieved through glitchy 3rd party software. Beyond that, I'm not even going to hope that their links to email and One-Note would still exist.

I keep thinking that since the REAL desktop outlook/onenote experience is still being upgraded and improved that eventually the disconnect between that and web/phone will finally go away so I can finally stop using a hodgepodge of 3rd party solutions as a crappy workaround. But I've been waiting for that for years. With each update to the web apps or phone I hope to see the dumbed down parts to finally get back to what they once were. Now I'm wondering if MS even envisions that or if they just want to keep saying 'me-to' to google and apple.

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
+
# FM Transmitter
# Battery %
# Able to easily make Playlist on music (like what used to do on symbian)
# touch or able to run one or two applications on the background (Real multitasking for one or two apps)

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Click and hold on ear phones to have the phone read the current time, while using earphones ( music, FM Radio, audio book, podcasts, ECT.)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium