What features you think are missing and would like to see on the windows phone?

marciocattini

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The WP dev team is doing a great job, however there are a few features I'd like to see in a future update.

Which features would you like to have the dev team develop?

Here's my list:

• System wide search is still missing :(
  • Face recognition in the photo management app...
  • I would also like a Video Management app separate from the photo albuns, with video editing and youtube, social media, whataspp, sharing in general!
  • Finally, hardware LED notifications on new phones

:amaze::amaze:

Have a great day guys!

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
One feature I'd like, is a slider for adjusting brightness in the action centre.

Expanding on your last point, it would be even better if the home capacitive button doubled as a notification LED. However, this probably wouldn't be feasible due to some phones with on screen buttons.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
One feature I'd like, is a slider for adjusting brightness in the action centre.

Expanding on your last point, it would be even better if the home capacitive button doubled as a notification LED. However, this probably wouldn't be feasible due to some phones with on screen buttons.

Some phones don't have capacitive home buttons, case in point is the ATIV S!!

EricMarsi

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For the Led Notifications, I think on the lumia Icon (929) the two stripes on the top and bottom would make a great way to put leds on it, so no matter what position in youer pocket you would be able to see the led and it would look cool. also make it RGB so that you may customize it.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Just to let you know - WP8.1 isn't out yet. So a thread already wanting more may or may not be so useful. System wide search is going to be there in WP8.1 for example.

Armin Mhd

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
The WP dev team is doing a great job, however there are a few features I'd like to see in a future update.

Which features would you like to have the dev team develop?

Here's my list:

• System wide search is still missing :(
  • Face recognition in the photo management app...
  • I would also like a Video Management app separate from the photo albuns, with video editing and youtube, social media, whataspp, sharing in general!
  • Finally, hardware LED notifications on new phones

:amaze::amaze:

Have a great day guys!

1.id like different volume controls for ringer and media(its coming)
2.the battery percentage on the status bar( not sure if its coming or not)
3. Background on tiles( would be great 80% sure its coming)

about 99% of the features that are lacking are going to be available on WP8.1 most importantly a notification center and quick settings access.

marciocattini

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just to let you know - WP8.1 isn't out yet. So a thread already wanting more may or may not be so useful. System wide search is going to be there in WP8.1 for example.

I think its useful to see what other users think are lacking in the OS, even though great changes are coming, the Windows Phone needs to innovate more to differentiate from iOS and Android instead of playing catch up.

For example I think the music app isn't all that great... I much prefer the iTunes layout in iOS because my first music player was an iPod mini, also I loved being able to crossfade between songs.

Also I'm sorry but I didn't read anything about a system wide search could you point me to the source?

Fm transmitter

Would be cool!!

Some other things I'd like to see:

• Cross fade between songs
  • To be able to slide to the point in time where you'd like to listen in a song instead of holding the FF button

albadi88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
fixing the god damn MARKET APPUPDATE CHECKER SO IT CAN ALWAYS CHECK FOR UPDATES AND GIVING US A LIST TO THE APP WHICH ARE INSTALLED RIGHT NOW ON THE OUR PHONES AND THE OTHER ONES WE UNINSTALLED LIKE IOS AND ANDROID , AND GOD IS MY WITNESS IF THIS UPDATE ISN'T THE ONE I WISH FOR I'M GONE DIVORCE WP FOR EVER (my phone is L1020)

rhughes18

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
  • To be able to slide to the point in time where you'd like to listen in a song instead of holding the FF button

Yes, how is scrubbing not in a media player in 2014? It makes it impossible (very difficult) to use for podcasts.

I would also like to see speed dial built into the OS. I can make a call with a single tap in Android. I know I can pin a contact to the start screen but it still takes multiple taps to make a call.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I think its useful to see what other users think are lacking in the OS, even though great changes are coming, the Windows Phone needs to innovate more to differentiate from iOS and Android instead of playing catch up.

For example I think the music app isn't all that great... I much prefer the iTunes layout in iOS because my first music player was an iPod mini, also I loved being able to crossfade between songs.

Also I'm sorry but I didn't read anything about a system wide search could you point me to the source?

Would be cool!!

Some other things I'd like to see:

• Cross fade between songs

Cortana and Bing smart search.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Android apps. Heck, it's a given WP has failed, so just take android, get rid of the google crap and give me that.

Why don't you go use Android or an iPhone if you hate Windows Phone so much?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WPCentral Forums mobile app

three_thoughts

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
1.id like different volume controls for ringer and media(its coming)
2.the battery percentage on the status bar( not sure if its coming or not)
3. Background on tiles( would be great 80% sure its coming)

about 99% of the features that are lacking are going to be available on WP8.1 most importantly a notification center and quick settings access.

2. pretty sure that even if it isn't in the status bar, you'll be able to pin "battery power sense" to the start screen which should actually give an accurate and up to date percentage as opposed to the current battery apps that update every 30 minutes.

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
They really need to let the customer choose how many appointments get synced to the phone rather than having them automatically drop off so quickly.
Maybe I want my whole calendar history sync'd down to the phone. Why did they make that uncustomizable?

shaskell724

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I think being able to have two applications on the same screen would be cool. It would be like snapping in Windows 8.1 or like what Android has where you can be texting and watching a YouTube video at the same time. Also a sliding brightness bar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion