So a couple of days ago, I read somewhere that bing search can recognise a music and take me to a store to buy it. I searched for it on my mobile but couldn't find anything. Later I read that its for US only. I then changed my region to US. Now I have several new stuff. Such as a different bing search on pressing the search button. I can navigate through it for videos, news and what not.

Then again, the store was showing new apps that I had never seen. There were new xbox games that weren't in the list.

Now the question is, what other features can I get if I set my region to US? Is there any problem if I keep my region set to US and not my own country?

Why are these features only available to the people in US and not to countries that have a larger market share of wp than what US has?
    02-17-2014 10:15 AM
    xbox music does not have Bollywood music so its useless for Indian users , nokia music is a great alternative for this ;)
    there are many applications that are strictly only for particular region like beats music isn't available in India
    regarding Bing services , soon you will get rid of all this , wp 8.1 will replace Bing with smart search found in windows 8.1 , (I love Bing in US region , they enjoy all the features of Bing ) , but if you take an eg local scout does not work in India , Bing does not have proper support for Indian streets so we have nokia suite apps like here city lens , nokia here maps , etc;
    85-90% applications are available in India including games.
    02-17-2014 10:43 AM
    I don't really understand whats Xbox Music and Videos. But it's also said to be coming for all the countries in Windows Phone 8.1, right?

I am just bothered that we may be missing out some great stuff that's US only. ^.^
    02-17-2014 11:10 AM
    right but that would be like an ordinary audio and video player for us in wp8.1 , no store to download music and videos.
    02-17-2014 11:11 AM