Turn Off WiFi Notification Bar?

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Can the pop-up wifi notification bar across the top of the screen be turned off without turning off the wifi antennae? I've found that it seems to pop up at the least convenient times, and it hovers there for far too long. I'd love a way to disable it altogether or at least easily dismiss it since it's often hiding something underneath it that I'm trying to use. Would be great if a setting allowed us to decide if we want those notifications or not; in my experience, I've always searched for wifi when needed rather than connecting just because my phone announces that a signal is available (other than my home wifi which connects automatically). Seems like sorta weird logic to me to have the phone constantly ask me if I want to connect to available wifi signals when, for example, I might be driving through a residential neighborhood.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Yep, completely agree. Especially when you are using cellular and it keeps bugging you about available WiFi, but the WiFi is 'pay to use'. Wish there was a close button at least, as it does linger.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
hehe same with me , I am in a metro train listing to music and a popup came up saying Wi-Fi available :D
to disable it go to phone settings ->Wi-Fi -> advanced -> and remove tick from- notify me when new networks are found

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Swipe it to the right...works with all push notifications. You can also go into settings, wifi, advanced, and uncheck "notify me when new networks are found".

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Swipe to the right, really? Thanks I didn't realise you could do that! Thanks for the settings tip as well 😊

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Excellent. Thanks for the replies and fixes. Didn't know about the swipe-right thing, so that will be helpful. And I had even checked wifi settings previously but somehow missed the "notify me" box. Will be great to not have the pop-up nuisance any more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium