trinkner

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't own a WP yet, but have researched this a lot. Do a search on YouTube and you'll find a tutorial. It's not straightforward, but you can create playlists. Importing one from your PC requires using the companion WP desktop app or Windows Media Player, but people have different levels of success and frustration with these. Hopefully it will improve with 8.1.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't own a WP yet, but have researched this a lot. Do a search on YouTube and you'll find a tutorial. It's not straightforward, but you can create playlists. Importing one from your PC requires using the companion WP desktop app or Windows Media Player, but people have different levels of success and frustration with these. Hopefully it will improve with 8.1.
Like I said, even though the Xbox music app is not a finished version, allows you to make playlists and it syncs such list with the music app on my Windows8.1 PC just fine.

Last edited:

trinkner

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Does it sync with Windows 7 apps? I don't have an Window 8 machine, as mine is provided by my employer. They're not likely to move to Windows 8 for years.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Does it sync with Windows 7 apps? I don't have an Window 8 machine, as mine is provided by my employer. They're not likely to move to Windows 8 for years.
I wish I could answer your question but I really don't know. I went from Windows Vista to Windows 8 over a year ago.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Well go to your songs, tap and hold the song name and select add to now playing. Select all the song you want in your playlist like this. Go to your now playing, go to the song list and press the save icon on the bottom. Then type in playlist name and your done. It's a long process but at least it can be done on your phone.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Well go to your songs, tap and hold the song name and select add to now playing. Select all the song you want in your playlist like this. Go to your now playing, go to the song list and press the save icon on the bottom. Then type in playlist name and your done. It's a long process but at least it can be done on your phone.
I don't think that's what trinkner is asking.

trinkner

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Right. I was asking if the Windows Phones desktop companion app running on Windows 7 desktop will sync playlists nicely to Windows Phone 8 devices. Along the same vein, if a song appears in multiple playlists, with the desktop app sync the same song file multiple times to the phone? Or is it smart enough to recognize that the song is already on the phone from a previous playlist?

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Right. I was asking if the Windows Phones desktop companion app running on Windows 7 desktop will sync playlists nicely to Windows Phone 8 devices. Along the same vein, if a song appears in multiple playlists, with the desktop app sync the same song file multiple times to the phone? Or is it smart enough to recognize that the song is already on the phone from a previous playlist?
Like I said, I don't know about the app on Windows 7. Wish I could help you. With Windows 8, there's an app called Windows Phone. You use this to download the music, pictures or ringtones that you want on your phone. When done downloading, you use the Xbox music app on either end (Your phone or your PC) to make the playlist that you want and will sync with each other. If you purchase any music from within the Xbox app, again on either end, it will go to ALL your WP8 or Windows 8 devices. So in my case they go to my phone, tablet and PC.

HyperChrisX

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

If you download the Windows Phone for desktop app it will sync music and playlists from Windows 7 to Windows Phone 8 just fine. I can't really answer the second question, as I only synced one playlist to my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12