Outlook sync issues?

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone has been having issues with email/calendar or general Microsoft account sync issues the last few days?

On Friday i updated one of my outlook contacts on my phone, and then when i next went to sync my email that contact threw up an error saying it couldn't be updated.

Hard reset later i couldn't sync on the initial setup at all. It was giving error 86000ca i think it was.

The way i resolved it was changing the server to dub-m-406 and letting it sync that way but until then, it wouldn't update contacts, calender, email or even and my Microsoft account to my phone.

From google, this seems to be an issue since february 5th, anyone know the reason? Possible a one drive related issue due to the name change?

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Error code was actually 86000c0a. And it was saying their were connection issues with the dub404-m@hotmail.com server. Hanging this from 404 to 406 syncs and then it stops working again.

Anyone?

Or has anyone ever had this issue?

RSB54

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I just posted a similar problem I'm having with calendar sync. all of my appointments are on line (live.com calendar) but they have all disappeared from my phone. this just happened recently. the only hard reset was for the Black update, possibly that was when it messed up.
I keep all of my contacts on my work exchange, which is still syncing, so I can validate that on Outlook.

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine has resolved itself. Go intoemail&accounts, then Microsoft account and change the number 404 to 406 and see if it works.

slick5150

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm still having this problem. Have tried all suggested remedies (disabled text message backup, enables/disabled 2 step authorization on the account), even did a hard reset).

It's on my main Microsoft account, so it's not like there's any settings I can change on the server side. Microsoft seems clueless how to resolve this.

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Try and edit the details on the account itself on your phone. Go to settings, email and accounts and click on your outlook account. You will see a server at the bottom ao change the letter and try and manually sync the account.

It should work but I had to repeat this process for two days until it resolved itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos