Company switching to Windows Phone but I have a slight email problem

Daenny

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello All

So I've finally managed to persuade the finance director where I work to consider ditching our old Blackberries and iPhones in favour of Windows Phones!

Our supplier has supplied me with a demo 625 which I have taken as my company phone for testing, Also I've just received a marketing pack from Nokia UK with a 520, 625 and a 925 which we have for 30 days for more testing...the company is starting to buy into this and its all looking good... except I've discovered a problem. We use Lotus Notes...

We have updated our Traveler server to IBM Notes Traveler 9.0.0.1 which supports Windows Phone 8 and Windows RT and 8 Pro. I have created an account on the 625 to get my email, the account connects and downloads all my emails, contacts and calendars etc etc. For the first hour or so it works swimmingly. Then for no reason, no error message at all it stops auto syncing and I have to manually sync to receive emails. Its like the phone and the Traveler aren't communicating unless I tell them to.

At the same time I'm testing a Dell Venue 8 Pro, which I also have connected to the Traveler server, with the same settings and it works fine. Been running for 5 days no problem, auto syncs lovely.

I decided I needed to find out if it was the phone, so I connected my personal 1020 to the Traveler server, guess what after an hour or so it stops auto syncing.

I'm receiving no error messages, nothing on the Phone(s) or the Traveler console. The Traveler servers states it is waiting for a message from the phone, and points out the phone hasn't run a auto sync in some time...

Anyways, before I go running to IBM who might respond to me in a year or so, I thought I'd ask for the communities helps. Has anyone come across something similar before? is it a Windows Phone problem or a Traveler problem.

Any help would be awesome!

Mark

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Before trying IBM have you tried contacting Nokia or MS about this issue? Looking at the situation it would appear to be Lotus but maybe they have a solution already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077