Same account for Windows 8.1 and Win Phone 8 ( how to restore ) ?

BeornSV

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I use the same account on Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.
Will I regain all programs, when I do windows restore on Windows 8.1 and will whether to restore all my applications on Windows Phone 8 that I had before restoring( if i must restore my WP8) ?
Or is it better to have a separate account for Windows 8.1 and separate account for Windows Phone 8 ?

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I use the same account on Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.
Will I regain all programs, when I do windows restore on Windows 8.1 and will whether to restore all my applications on Windows Phone 8 that I had before restoring( if i must restore my WP8) ?
Or is it better to have a separate account for Windows 8.1 and separate account for Windows Phone 8 ?

I cant speak to windows 8.1, however if you do a full restore on your WP, all previous apps will automatically reinstall after reset, the apps are tied to your Microsoft account, not a device, currently though a restore only saves app list, not app data so any game saves ect, will be lost. I assume windows 8.1 works in a similar fashion, but cant confirm that

BeornSV

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I am in a doubt whether it will go back my Windows 8.1 applications if i perform restore-proces
and whether will return the WPhone 8 apps that were installed on the phone, if i use the same account for both Windows ?

For example :
Code:
Today I'm restore Windows 8.1 and I want to return the applications that were installed on it. 
In a few days I want to do restore app on my phone and then I want to return  the applications that were installed on the phone.

Can the same account keep settings and apps purchased in the store for two different operating systems (Windows 8.1 and WPhone 8 or future WPhone8.1),
and to restore them after you should, for each separately ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes