Will all WP's get all features?

mdram

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had time to do research but I see that most WP 8 devices will get 8.1. Will it be like Apple where their older devices can get the OS update but missing some of the new features? I ask because I'm thinking about getting a Lumia 920.

Thanks...

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It's impossible to know for sure, since nothing has been announced yet. But my best guess is that the current high end phones, like the 920 will have enough horsepower to have all of functions of 8.1. Take it with a grain of salt, this is just my educated guess.

three_thoughts

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
None of the features need more processor power or extra ram really.

I think the only things that won't be included on lower end phones will be due to hardware limitations. like no glance screen and probably no 3rd column of tiles on small screens.

Nik Rolls

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I think only the obvious features won't be available on current devices, for example the new touch buttons and possibly WiFi direct on cheaper phones and the 3rd column on lower-resolution screens. I don't see why the other features wouldn't be available.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Why should Cortana only be available in the US ?
We have Siri and Google Now in Europe too !

Language probably, it might not be available when it first comes out, but will be available later in the year / next year (I'm thinking the main countries will be this year, while others get it next). At least, that's what I'm thinking, we'll find out more on April 2nd.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz