WiFi auto reconnect issue

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
When I connect to my home WiFi network, leave the house and the return later (not connecting to a different WiFi connection in between), my phone disconnects and reconnects automatically without any problems.

However, if I connect to another Wifi network after leaving the house, the connection auto disconnects, but when I return home, my phone doesn't auto reconnect to my home WiFi anymore. When I go to WiFi settings and attempt to manually connect, I get an error message that the WiFi network cannot be reached. Turning WiFi on and off doesn't help. I have to soft reset the phone to get connected to my home WiFi again.

I don't recall when this started and if it was pre-black update or not. I've had my Lumia 928 since August 2013, and never had this issue until recent. I had at least 5 known networks and each would automatically connect and disconnect when near and outside of the WiFi network range.

Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I found that using an original Nano sim card (instead of the manually cut ones) have removed all my connectivity bugs. (there are still some but not as depressing as that one. :), my advice keep connection on while in sleep and when you fail to connect to a network immediately just enter the Wifi setting and wait a little bit, it'll connect easily.

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Turns out it was my home wireless router. I reset the router and WiFi connects like a champ all the time now, even when connecting to other WiFi connections in between home and back.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I had issues with WiFi not reconnecting, but it was because I had my router channel set to "automatic". So every time the channel changed, my device wouldn't reconnect. I solved the issue by setting my router to channel 10. No neighbours are using channel 10 anyway.

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't really know what I did but my wifi has been working flawlessly. Always reconnects. It now automatically connects to free wifi I never connected to before... don't have to manually connect to the new network.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077