Whats your favorite new feature announced for WP 8.1

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Notification Center is my fave too!Well the new games hub is cool too but it looks too Xbox one-ish for me-the current looks like the X360 one :)
Be6ZFTPCcAELNg9.png

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Besides noti-center i really like the cortana siri ish assistant although i fear It's worldwide availability and usefulness.

I think the other thing I like is the small fixes that really really really annoyed me when coming from iOS.
The only thing I still miss is the sheer amount of apps and exclusives the appstore has (and freeappslots :D ) and also the fact that I didn't need a freaking credit card to pay for apps (long live the iTunes card )

menghai

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
As a very happy 822 user that used an upgrade to try out a GS3, I am really looking forward to coming back to WORK with a notification center. Even though I use my phone a lot for personal use, the whole reason I got it was so that I didnt have to be chained to my office desk all day. Action center will help me be even more productive.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I just have to say this : Nothing is announced yet so no favourite feature :p

its a dev SDK, consider it announced..
It would be a first if a multi million corporation with so much to lose give its users so much false hope by developing a dev SDK and then removing its features

Connor Price

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
My favourite feature has got to be the ability to install apps to the SD card. I have a Lumia 820 and the storage is very limited. Just over 4GB for apps just isnt enough.

titoyees

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
NFC without permition to operate. Actually NFC function is limited to secured user approval for everything. But in wp8.1 is going to work as should be, a quick action than simplified user experience.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I agree with poiman. That games hub seems fake. "Smart glass intergration"is the big giveaway. Also, the 'top bar' or whatever it's called has changed. The wifi position is different in 8.1

It's definitely fake. I think there was an article on WPCentral confirming that it was fake and explaining all the (many) flaws of that image.

Enviado do meu iPad usando o WPCentral Forums

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The notification center is big deal, even though so many here seem to have argued against it. But you don't need to use it either if you hate the concept that much.

Cortana seem promising.

Also all the new features for the SDK may lead to some interesting app developments.

Plus, there are just so many little things that really add up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon