Imap email crash

madmoondog

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
In the last few days my godaddy imap email account has been blowing up on my phone. All email just gets wiped until the next sync. My corporate email works fine. Anyone experience this? Lumia 925 att

badplanet

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
If your godaddy email is on a custom domain I thought they and MS just announced a partnership where godaddy can hook up your domain to an Office365 account which would effectively be an MS Exchange account managed by MS. Might be worth looking into.

Chris Batty

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
This same thing is happening to me.

I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 (WinPhone 8), and collect email from two GoDaddy accounts (over IMAP).

And, yes, like you ... about a week ago ... I regularly have all the email messages on my account "erased".

I have found that it happens (100% repeatable) when I download an attachment in a received email. After the attachment (jpeg picture, Word doc, whatever) downloads ... within a few seconds the Sender field changes to "(unknown sender)", the subject changes to "(no subject)". Then when you back out of the message, the Inbox is empty, and all of my messages are gone.

Totally annoying!

My GMail account on the phone works just fine. The GoDaddy IMAP accounts work just fine on Windows 8 (desktop).

There isn't very much info about this on the web ... so I think it is a combined WP8 Mail + GoDaddy problem.

madmoondog

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey Chris, yes, that's exactly what's happening. Guess I will call gd support, but I already know that's going to be a pita. Have you tried calling yet?

Ken_GoDaddy

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
@Chris Batty and @madmoondog,

I am with GoDaddy and came across your posts.

Are you both continuing to run into email issues on your devices? If so, feel free to reply or follow up with me via private message with additional details regarding your email. I would like to work together with you both to address the issues you are experiencing.

Chris Batty

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
No, I didn't contact GoDaddy. I was researching the idea of upgrading to MS exchange accounts, when all of a sudden ...

... the problem went away "by itself". (Gotta love that). I hope the same thing happened for you.

Since there were no Winphone updates (that I am aware of), I am guessing that there was an update/tweak that happened on GoDaddy's IMAP server -- or something on their end. (But, again, I am totally guessing).

So now, it's great to be able to use email again on my phone :)
... and not have to skulk in the corner amongst the bunch of Apple/Android enthusiasts that I work with.

Chris Batty

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey @Ken_GoDaddy,

Thanks for the message, and for jumping right in!

As mentioned, just minutes ago, in my previous message ... the email/IMAP/messages problem went away ... for me, at least. So, I am back in business, with no complaints. My email is now working as expected. I don't know about @madmoondog.

Again, I appreciate your offer to help (without even being asked!) -- That's great customer service!

Cheers,
Chris

Ken_GoDaddy

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey @Ken_GoDaddy,

Thanks for the message, and for jumping right in!

As mentioned, just minutes ago, in my previous message ... the email/IMAP/messages problem went away ... for me, at least. So, I am back in business, with no complaints. My email is now working as expected. I don't know about @madmoondog.

Again, I appreciate your offer to help (without even being asked!) -- That's great customer service!

Cheers,
Chris

@Christ Batty,

I'm happy to hear it started working again!

Should the issue present itself again, please do not hesitate to contact our support teams.

madmoondog

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
@Chris Batty and @madmoondog,

I am with GoDaddy and came across your posts.

Are you both continuing to run into email issues on your devices? If so, feel free to reply or follow up with me via private message with additional details regarding your email. I would like to work together with you both to address the issues you are experiencing.

Glad to see a gd rep here, I did post that it went away. Thanks for checking up. Now if we could just get exchange like synchronization without paying for exchange. :)

madmoondog

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing imap issues after the latest 8.1 update? My emails come through but days late, whereas my web portal is fine and my outlook imap works fine as well

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire